Monday, January 14, 2019

candid interview con kristie villarreal 2009

candid interview con kristie villarreal 2009

Candid interview con Kristie Villarreal 2009Cchwnn. Somewhere in Victoria, TX. Hello again tejano fans, I am Blanca Blanch Blanco visiting with a darn good friend, Kristie Villarreal, probably the hardest working woman in la onda tejana. Just for the record, she’s a single mom raising two young children and working a third shift. What amazes us is that Kristie has set forth a music career, a dream she has been pursuing. This past October of 2008, she released her debut album, “La Misma Mujer”. Now lets get to that interview>
BBB: hello Kristie, how are you doing and how is the family?K: Hello my friend. The kiddos and I are doing well. Just staying busy trying to multitask everything going on with life and my music. Just trying to survive and continue on this musical journey.
BBB: since the last time we talked, you were real busy working on the releasing your debut album “ La Misma Mujer”, can you tell us how is that going?K: The album was released last yr and has been welcomed with open arms into the industry. I believe the industry is hungry for new artist, and new music. People with the drive to see their dream thru. If you would have asked me 2 yrs ago did I think I would have an album out and get the attention i garnered with my first single La Misma Mujer I would have said no. With no connections into the industry I set forth on this musical journey solo to prove to the world that God has blessed me with such a talent that needs to be shared with the world.
I love Tejano Music and wanted to make my own mark. Wanted to be able to tell my children that i set forth this goal to live out my dream and to let them know that anything is possible if you believe and never give up. God might not have opened up these doors for me when I wanted him to like 10 yrs ago but he has his own plan for me and my music and I trust him. Every musician out there knows it takes money to get out there and to promote and to push the album and I am doing what I can to do so. I wish i could do more right now to push the album out there more but the cool thing is that my music is speaking for itself. I continue to get nationwide airplay and continue to chart not only here but into Mexico. Not bad for a new girl on the block. I have made some promo appearances and have done some interviews. It is still very early on in the game and lots more still needs to fall into place as far as a band is concerned and finding the perfect management team to help take this to the next level. I have learned that patience is a virtue. Completing this debut album to introduce me to the industry was the first step.
BBB: I am sure you are very excited about how much coverage and air time you have been getting international how is that going?K: I am blessed that everyone continues to embrace my music. I appreciate all the dj's and radio stations here in the US and in Mexico who continue to spread my music. Fans and industry people continue to contact me wanting to know more about me. Recently I had a gentlemen from Mexico contact me. He is a DJ and had purchased the album and is spinning it and has had a great response. He is working on putting a program together promoting the Divas of Tejano Music. He had s great response from my music and wanted to include me in his program. It is awesome to know that my music is being embraced in all parts of Mexico as well. There is a big fan base of Tejano Music fans abroad. I have 4 different singles off my album charting on Tejanisimo Extreme right now out of Nuevo Leon, Mx. That totally rocks. Like I said, the music is speaking for itself.
BBB: do we have any plans on going to Mexico and do any performances there?K: I would love to travel into Mexico once everything starts to fall into place with a band and all.BBB: so what does the future look for Kristie in the music business?K: Only time will tell. I will continue on to persevere and continue on to fulfill this dream. I want to be a household name. Want people to know my voice. It is really up to the fans. They are the ones who make an artist successful. I am grateful for all the support I have received. BBB: please tell us how does it feel to be Kristi, and are we slowing down at all?K: I am a normal person trying to survive, work, raise my kiddos and live out this dream. I am above no one and never will be. I am just me. Don't want to be that artist who will one day blow up and forget where they came from. That is real talk. I am humble and will remain this way. I may come off as conceited in a way the way I talk but I am not like that at all. I am a determined individual and will not let anything or anyone get in the way of me fulfilling my dream. If you don't believe in yourself then how do you expect your fans to? Confidence is sexy...loll!BBB: so sister how does the future look for you?K: Well there will be an addition to my family in September. That's all I have to say about that..Lol. Like I told everyone on my MySpace page autographs are free at Fan Fair but rubbing my belly will cost you. I am the Tejano Super mama...where's my cape damit.BBB: and finally Kristi, what would you like to share with your fans on about your career?K: If you believe it you can achieve it. I am living proof. I have blogged every step of the way on this musical journey up till now on my MySpace page. You want to know more check out my archives. They are pretty funny and entertaining. It is all real talk. I wanted my fans to be able to experience this journey every step of the way. Be sure to add me if you have not already.www. MySpace. com/krisvillarrealOk there we have, and like our friend Kristi says” It was a dream I set out to accomplish, and two years later I did, even as a full-time parent with a full-time Job”, I am Blanca Blanch Blanco, dreams do come through

No comments:

Post a Comment