Tuesday, October 1, 2019

bible is not a sword

the bible is not a sword :
scripture gives the Bible power. It also puts revelation and instruction where it belongs: from the Holy Spirit.
I know, I know, that means people can run around claiming God says all kinds of whacky stuff. But doesn’t that happen anyway? People lie and make stuff up no matter what the belief system is. I try to use logic and critical thinking no matter the source, whether it’s someone saying God told them something, or someone saying the Bible has a line to dictate life choices or read only lines that might forgive them for beileive those liars.
I’d rather let God be his whacky, infinitely unpredictable self than set up a system that limits the way God works. And the most consistent thing I’ve learned from reading the Bible is that God works through people deemed least important by society. If the Bible got its authority from government and some dudes who, by their own confession, never actually heard from God, I doubt it’s what those dudes said it is, that is the problem con barrio relgious leaders they have forgotten.
That’s why I don’t think of the Bible as a sword.
you tell me that god forgives,but yet you havent even practice what your dump ass preaches.
Hillary Clinton: I Never Had To Warn Obama Not To Extort Foreign Countries

No comments:

Post a Comment