Friday, April 23, 2010

interview con el gruupo aldaco

Exclusive interview con el Super Grupo Aldaco, 2010.
Cchwnn.
Somewhere in Lansing Michigan, hello I a Blanca Blanch Blanco on the road again and preparing to team up con el super Grupo Aldaco. We are real excited about doing this. By the way this isn’t the first time I have walked this far, but that’s another story.
El Grupo Aldaco is real excited about their new cd “ Moving On” , and we want to thank them for taking the time for this interview from their real busy scheduled. Well enough of that, let’s get to that long walk interview in Michigan con Danny Aldaco the boss man del grupo.

BB: hello Danny Aldaco we want to thank you for this interview y how are you doing?
D: Thank you, and me and the group are doing well, thanks for asking.
BBB: can you tell us a little bit about your “ movin on “ cd?
D: Yes, "Movin' On" was released on Ritmo Records in March of 2009 at the Tejano Music Awards Fan Fair. It consists of mostly original songs written by my brother, Ernesto Aldaco. The CD has already produced 3 number 1's, and 5 top 10 songs.
BBB: can you give us a little background on how this group started and more or less when?
D:Grupo Aldaco originated from my dad, Juve Aldaco back in the early 1960's as a norteno group. Later in the years as we grew, we ended up playing in his group and eventually the group became Grupo Aldaco.
BBB: being from Michigan one would say wow, how odd do you find it coming down to texas and doing your thing here ?
D: First I would like to say that Tejano music is a big thing here in Michigan. There are many great tejano groups here in the Midwest. Going to Texas and performing for the Texas crowd is great! Sometimes the people will ask us what part of Texas are we from, and when we tell them we are from Lansing, MI, they are in total shock! They just can't imagine a group like us is from Michigan.
BBB: being in the music business for awhile do you find it difficult to get gigs there in Lansing and the surrounding states?
D: Being that we've been in the music business for quite a few years, Grupo Aldaco's name is pretty much out there, so we are usually pretty booked every weekend.
BBB: what’s the coldest weather wise dance hall you guys have jammed in?
D: Well, it does get cold over here in Michigan, but the dance halls have heat so I guess the coldest place that we have played at is probably outside in November at a Dia De Los Muertos event. It started raining, then it snowed!

BBB: what’s in the near future for EL grupo ALdaco?

D: Our new CD should be out sometime in the summer, September/October 2010. There will be alot of surprises on this CD!
BBB: how do you guys go about selecting your music and what to play or record?
D: I am actually the producer and arranger of all of Grupo Aldaco's music. My Brother Ernesto Aldaco gives me many of his songs to choose from. I then select which ones I think will be good for the CD. Then I start getting ideas for the arrangements, record the ideas at a home studio, then go and lay the tracks at a professional studio.
BBB: I see that your group is made up of lots of family members, do you find it hard to work with family and a female singer?
D: Not al all. Our guitar player and drummer are brothers, me and JR(the male vocalist) are brothers, and Jenny(the female vocalist) is our cousin.
BBB: If you were given the opportunity to speak to one thousand young people what words of encouragement would you say?

D: First of all I would say, education is the most important thing at the present time. Finish school. Then go for that goal that you have dreamed of. Don't give up, Make your dreams become a reality.
BBB: well Danny we want to thank you again for your interview and I am more than sure you are aware that I walked all the way here?
D: Thank you Blanca! And you must be tired! I'm sure your glad that it is April and there is no more snow here in Michigan! Or you probably would have been frozen by now!!! lol
BBB: again thank you and god bless you all,
Danny Aldaco, Joe Pizana, Victor Pizana, Alfie Diaz Jr.,
J.R. Aldaco, Jenny Albarez and Javier Sandoval.
D: Thank you Blanca, and we appreciate everything you do for Tejano Music!

BBB; well raza there you have it. As I walk away from the mid west I tell myself que there are chingos de raza up here y la onda is alive and well, I am Blanca Blanch Blanco and have a great tejano day.

No comments:

Post a Comment