Friday, January 29, 2010

exclusive interview con Los Texas Wranglers 2010

Cchwnn: Exclusive interview con Los Texas Wranglers.
(Somewhere in Austin, Tx.)
Hello again I am Blanca Blancha Blanco here in Austin, preparing to interview Julian the contact person for LOS TEXAS WRANGLERS. So all due respect let’s get to that interview.
BBB: I want to thank you Julian for giving some time to conduct this interview. Oh by the way, I hope you realize sir I walked here to do this?
Julian: Well Blanca, may I call you Blanca?... Here, put your patas here I'll massage'em till you feel better.

BBB: gee thanks J. I really needed that, a little bit to the right,now how long has LTW been working as a band?

Julian: October was our 10th year together. But, some of us have been together since 1987 while playing with "El Mero Leon De La Sierra" Alfonso Ramos

BBB: I am sure you have heard this before but your bands name sounds more like a tejano country and western band?

Julian: Blanca, what part of LOS didn't you understand. Nahhh, just kidding, your right. I entered this project with more of a business venture while keeping the integrity of the Conjunto/Tejano roots. En otras palabras I wanted los gringos y morenos to take interest in Tejano music too! So, this was my hook and so far it's paid off.

BBB: I notice that you are from Austin and not sure if I read it right but were you guys selected as the best band in Austin?

Julian: Si, yes, yah. We've been very fortunate to have received several awards for Best Latin Traditional band from the SXSW and Austin Music Awards. We've also received recognition as "Conjunto of the Year" by the Texas United Latino Artists and also one from Waco. We were also inducted into the South Texas Conjunto Association's "Hall of Fame". Just to mention of few current ones.

BBB: dealing with band members, I noticed that you have a couple of females in your band Nikki and Joyce, how hard is it to work with women performers?
Julian: Actually not hard at all. It's been a great ride having these talented young ladies with us. Joyce added more depth to our repetoire and Nikki added the spark that keeps us all motivated and wanting us all to explore and widen the song selections. Its also great that they take the music and their show serious. Plus, no boyfriends or husbands wow! How great is that?

BBB: how often do you guys tour the country and what are some of the differences you see in your audience compared to the Austin fans ?

Julian: Its funny you ask that. We'll be going overseas this summer. But, there are two big factors in most Tejano bands and that's fiestas and holidays. I try to stay away from those circuits because it's usally a cut throat business. I don't want any part of that. Our success has come from dance halls and private engagements (corporations, weddings, anniversaries and so on) is our norm. Not to say we don't do the fiestas or holidays but I don't go looking for'em - we usally get invited to'em. Ohh, how's your patas feeling my hands are getting a little tired?

BBB: what is the future for LTW and your style of music?
Julian: The future is so bright, I have to wear shades...., I really didn't expect to be at it this long. After all we only got together to play a party. So we only practiced 16 songs. Ten years laters that quinceanera we played - well she got married this year and we also played for her wedding. How weird is that?

BBB: dam weird, I quess watching a woman grow, if you were given the opportunity to speak to one thousand young people what words would you use to encourage their future?

Julian: Dream, baby dream! Dreams do come true. Go to college. Most of all be proud of who and what you are and whatever you choose to do, do it well. I myself come from a poor neighborhood and a broken family but it was my decision to follow my dream and to control my destiny. That's why I say - dream baby dream. It can happen.
BBB: what has been the most exciting moment you and LTW have had recently?

Julian: That's easy - playing where Elvis introduced rock n' roll to the world - as we introduced Tejano to the world on the same stage - the Levitt Shell in Memphis, Tennessee. Our first song was Como La Flor de Selena. It was only right since she was the queen of Tejano.

BBB: I want to thank you Julian for your time and effort you made to meet us here at the state capital and hope you and LTW have the best of luck;
Julian: It was my pleasure. And Blanca, don't walk so far in this stilettos te van a sali callos.... yeah, I said it, it's out there. Con mucho amor, this is Julian Fernandez of Los Texas Wranglers.
BBB; I know Daniel the creator tell me that all the time, you know I was born walking,well there you have it folks, one for the record and two for show and three to get ready to head back home. For cchwnn I am BBB>

No comments:

Post a Comment