Monday, January 24, 2011

INTERVIEW CON DAVID LEE GARZA 2011

Exclusive interview con David Lee Garza.
Cchwnn.
Somewhere in Poteet, Texas. Hi my name is Santa Maria. I am the new person that has been assigned to do ON THE ROAD AGAIN INTERVIEWS. Today we are here con that more than famous tejano, David Lee Garza. Let’s get to that interview.
SM: hello Mr. Garza how are we doing, and I hope I wasn’t too late for this interview, my bicycle had a flat tire?
David: Doing OK thanks and no your not late.I have to be at Eagle Lane bowling alley by 7pm but we are good on time I even had time to eat me a small bowl of ice cream while I was waiting for you.
SM: David since the last time we interviewed you sir, there have been some major changes to your band, can you update us on that?
David: The one change that stands out is with our lead singer leaving the band. Mark Ledesma had been with us about 9 yrs and I think that is the longest any singer or vocalist has put up with me lol. Let me say that he did a great job all these years just like all the cats that have come through our University we don't have any complaints just great memories.
SM: How tuff is if to find new band members who match the chemistry with present members?
David: It takes a while because you just don't replace anyone person with just another person. This last time it took me or us about 6 weeks to find the next vocalist for the band. I had 36 men and a few women send in bio's along with a cd so when you have that many people to listen too it takes a while and its not easy to find one with that many choices. Let me just go on and say that they were all good singers/vocalist but it took a while for me to decide what sound I felt was good for the band and our fans. Of course not every fan will agree with whom I select but so far I haven't had many or any complaints and I will say it does take a little time for all of us to adjust to a new voice.
SM: it is fair and easy to say that David Lee Garza y los Musicales is a band that has developed a lot of professional singers? What is your feeling about this?
David: I don't compare ourselves to El Gran Conjunto Bernal (You have heard of them right Santa Maria?) but Ram was the 1st vocalist to leave us and then came Emilio and he left I said to myself self the same thing happened to El Conjunto Bernal. They just kept producing lead vocalist after lead vocalist and they never gave up so why should I give up? Its not my fault I cant sing. :( So the rest is history in the making.) (Do I sound un poquito sangron bloody?)
SM; What changes if any, does the band have to make to accommodate a new member?
David: Well we go through an adaptation period. (is that a word adaptation?) We work on getting use to him and he does the same. We have to make him feel comfortable with us so that we can bring the best out in him. So far Ben Ozuna has been doing very good adjusting. I tell everyone that ask me, How is Ben doing and put it this way. Everyone that has come through los Musicales is coming from bands that do gigs around where they live. Then they come into the big league and its actually a learning experience for both of us from their on.
SM: what are your plans for 2011 for David Lee Garza y Los Musicales ?
David: Well first of all we have to get into the recording studio (because we have been dragging our azz I was saying for the past going on 2 yrs.) In this business in order for any band to survive or just stay afloat it has to put out at the very least 1 cd per year like we use to do in the hey day of Tejano. I personally think we have all gotten lazy when it comes to that and of course the big company's are not here to pick up the tab which makes it harder on all of us.
SM: if a person trying to start a conjunto and came to you seeking your advice, what are some things that you would recommend?
David: I would tell them to get ready to practice and have lots of patience because right now is not the best time to get into the entertainment business. Everyone is struggling and I mean everybody in any business not just in the music business.
SM; David on your travels throughout the states, do you see any differences with fans that come and watch the band from state to state?
David: No actually they are pretty much the same all over the US and Mexico. They just want to take a picture and get to talk to you because we don't make it out to the other states and other country's like we do here in Texas. They are very friendly and courtious when it comes to asking for an autograph or to take a picture. I get lots of fans telling me Sorry to bother you but I always tell them no bother thats why we are here for you guys.
SM; and finally David are there any words you would like to share with your fans throughout the world?
David: Just thank all our fans from the bottom of our hearts for supporting our music throughout the years. I would not be doing this interview with such a sweet lady on a bike with a flat tire (which i will help you fix as soon as we finish up here) if it wasn't for all the loyal fans that have stood and supported us all these years. Again thank you so much for your time Santa Maria and if it gets cold on the way back home you best get a room right down hwy 16 and 97 at the Holiday Inn Express because its gonna get very cold tonight and I don't want you to have another flat tire and then you calling me in the middle of the night to go help you fix your tire. JK
SM: thanks again David can you give me a hand and a little push to get started on this bicycle? Perhaps you can spare me a can of "Fix-A-Flat" while you're at it
David: I will do better than that I will take you down to Ramos Tire Shop here in Poteet and have them put some real Fix-A-flat that ought to get you at least to Alice TX and then your on your own lol. Thank you for making the trip but next time wear some pants if your doing the bike thing...............Bye
SM: as I peddle away, I can’t forget that this great man has been in the music business for a long time and how wonderful it is that he has managed to stay on top throughout the years. Santa Maria here.

No comments:

Post a Comment