Wednesday, January 26, 2011

interview con Marcos Orozoco y Rebelde 2011

Exclusive interview con Marcos Orozco y Rebelde.
Cchwnn.
San Anto, Tx. Hi there Santa la que canta Maria con on the road again interview. Gee there are no words to describe my trip up here but I just got here to San Anto and am standing in front of the Alamo where I am about to interview ....................are you ready for this??? Marcos Orozco y el grupo Rebelde! Gee enough of that, lets get to that interview:
SM: GEE Marcos you don't know know how great we feel being here doing this interview. By the way, can you help me get off this bicycle?
M: Of course come on baby!

SM: let's first start by saying que you got a large fan base that makes you one of the most demanding bands en la onda tejana. Can you tell us a little bit about your child hood and how you got into the music business?
M: With Los Fabulosos Cuatro I started singing with them. I had never sung Tejano before and was singing at a party one night when I was asked to play with them. That's how it all started.

SM: after reading your resume and your biography we see that you have a long list of bands you have been a part of, can you share some of the experiences you’ve had with them in what era you were with those bands?
M: Los Fabulosos Cuatro the best thing was to start playing tejano music which I had never played before. They are the ones who introduced me to this business. With David Lee Garza Y Los Musicales that was another level it was a big leap from where I was. The most memorable experience with Los Musicales would be performing at the Rodeo in Houston. With my band Rebelde mainly just to be solo and do my own music, do my own arrangements, record what I want, and have my own record label.

SM: Of all the musical awards you have won, which one stands out the most?
M: I really don’t think about that. One day I'd like a grammy but I really want to deserve it and work hard for it.

SM; How difficult was it in establishing your own band?
M: It was very difficult to start again from the bottom especially when you are the one responsible for everything and have to do it all on your own. It’s a lot of stress, worry, you don’t know whats going to happen.

SM: how hard was it to leave some many very successful bands?
M: It was hard. I go from being paid to having to play for free to start off. Promoters and places want you to play for free, and you have to at first or for very little to get your name out there. People think its easy but its not. You have to have patience and a dedicated band that does their part.

SM: what is in the future for Marcos y Rebelde?
M: Hollywood! Jajaja I don’t know just keep making music, keep enjoying it, don’t know whats going to happen, keep recording and let it take us wherever

SM: What inspires you to write some of your tracks and how do you go about choosing the music for your cd's?
M. Everything from past experiences to friends and stories. I have write the music and lyrics to make sense together. I'm not romantic but I really like to write romantic music.

SM: How many cd's have you have you released since you've been out on your own, and if you had to choose one, which one would you say is your favorite and why?
M: 6 and 1 upcoming one that is due out next month or in March. I don’t know I like all of them especially Ahora Y Siempre and Un Paso Mas. I really dont have a favorite every CD has something that is meaningful that I like.

SM: why did you choose the word Rebelde as your band’s name?
M: Cause I'm a rebel! Actually I just like the name it’s a strong name. I just like it.

SM: How hard is it for you and your band members to be on the road so much and being away from your family and love ones?
Marco (drummer): As a musician it can be very difficult sometimes traveling and being away from loved ones especially if you have kids, so I can assure you that at one point or another in every musicians career they have been homesick no matter how long they have been playing. I think its very important to have strong family support and understanding that this is a "labor of love" for us.

SM: what professional advice would you give a person wanting to leave a very successful career to branch out on their own?
M: You need to love what you do and put your heart in this and believe in yourself. You have to have talent, if you love it go for it, don’t give up and keep going.

SM: a tradional request we ask Sir, what encouraging words would you use if given a chance to speak to a group of young people?
M: Believe in yourself before anything

SM; in ending this interview, what would you like to tell all your fans across the world?
M: Thank you for buying our music and supporting us, we really appreciate it. I love you all for being there for us.

SM: thanks Marcos now I need a little help on getting back on this bicycle and by the way can you direct me to the closes freeway going south?
M: jajaja its over there!
SM: as I peddle down the road I can only say la onda tejana has so many tejano stars and Marcos can surely be acclaimed as one at the top of the list, I

No comments:

Post a Comment