Monday, January 24, 2011

INTERVIEW CON EDDY HERNANDEZ AKA D.J. LIGHTING 2011

Exclusive interview con Eddy Hernandez aka D.J. Lighting.2011.
Cchwnn.
Alamo in San Antino,tx. Hello I am Santa la que canta Cecilia con an
on the road again interview. This time it takes us up to San anto again, where we will do an interview con a tejano.fm d.j.
named Eddy Hernandez aka D.J. LIGHTING. Now let’s get to that interview:

SC: hello eddy thanks for taking time from your job to do this
interview, can you assist me in getting off my bicycle cause my legs
are very sore from the long ride up here, can you please tell us, how in the world did you get into the DJ business and how long have you been in it?


Eddy: Ahi Cecilia no te vayas a caer. Hahaha well thank you for
traveling all this way its my pleasure. I’ve been Djing since I was 13
years old. Making a long story short. One Christmas my parents didn’t
know what to give me and my brother. They eventually decided on DJ
equipment. That lead to family and friend gigs and eventually
quincieneras, bodas, bautismos, public dances etc.

SM: how did you manage to get a job con Tejano FM network?

Eddy: Well there was an AD on Yahoo Jobs and here I’am hahaha just
kidding no my dad AKA Puro Tejano Productions booked Tejano Sound Band
for a dance and Rolando Revilla who is station manager for TejanoFM
plays keyboard for them and I told him I would love to be on the
station and couple weeks later I was on the air.



SM: where does the D.J. LIGHTING come from?

Eddy: DJ Lightning came couple days before our first family gig. Me and
my brother where having some tacos with my dad in a resturant in
Chicago and we throw out potental DJ names the whole time we were there
and eventually my dad seen a painting on the restaurants wall and its
background had Lightning and there was the birth of DJ’s Thunder &
Lightning.


SC: it seems that you have been doing this for awhile, what has the new
technology done for DJ services such as from records to 8track and
cassettes to cds, and so forth?

Eddy: This new technology has helped DJ’s out a lot. When we first
started out we would carry boxes full of CD’s especially when it was
for a quinceniera we would have to carry Tejano, Merengue, Reggaeton,
Hip Hop, Norteno and so on and now you can have all that music and more
on a computer so im happy with this new technology.



SM; is there a certain gig that you worked which you remember the most?
Eddy: I will never forget when I Djed at “The official TTMA Fan Fair
After Party” at T-Town In San Antonio. It was my first gig in Texas the 1st night was the reunion DLG with Jay Perez. The place was packed.

SM: wow, I bet,what challenges do you encounter, if any, from working as an
online DJ versus other djs who work over real radio waves?

Eddy: I don’t see any challenges between the two.




SM: what is the future for tejano music in your opinion?

Eddy: Some people say tejano is dead. I think tejano has just been
born. The internet has and will continue to help la onda tejana y como
dicen buena musica no tiene frontera.



SM: is it harder for you to obtain your music being that you work on
the internet, or do the music companies and artists send you their
music just as they do to the radio stations?

Eddy: If I told you that information I would have to kill you!! Hahaha
Lets just say TejanoFM.com and its staff do a excellent job keeping up
with the new releases!



SM: please don’t say that, you know what happened to the last person that had this job. when you were a child did you ever think you would be doing what
you are doing now?

Eddy: I didn’t think I would be on the radio but I did know I would be
doing something to promote la musica tejana.



SM: what suggestions would have for anyone wanting to get into the
business?

Eddy: Do it for the music and not for yourself and everything will
eventually pay off. I have told Rolando its NOT eddyfm.com its
TejanoFM.com and thanks to its owner Mark Garcia and all its staff for
making it what it is today.



SM: if asked to speak with a group of young people what encouraging
words would you tell to them?

Eddy: Its getting dark out so ill make it short so you can get on your
way. Haha I would tell them what im sure people have told them before
just follow your dreams.



SM ; FINALY is there anything you would like to share con your fans
from around the world:

Eddy: Hahahaha sorry Ive never been told I have fans around the world.
Seriously though I enjoy meeting people on the grito box from all
across the USA and Mexico. I would like to tell them thanks for
choosing TejanoFM.com and thanks for joining us day in and day out.

SM: well Eddy now you do. again thanks again Eddy, will you push me on my bicycle so I can get rolling back on the freeway?
Eddy: sure, thank you Santa la que canta Cecilia and hope you stop by the
Grito Box one of these days and say hello to everyone!!

SM: I sure as I leave the sun San Anto , i can’t stop thinking on what
an enormous impact the internet has had in keeping la onda alive, I am
Santa la que canta Cecilia.

No comments:

Post a Comment