Monday, February 25, 2013

exclusive interview con cystal garcia, 2013


9:33am Feb 24



Exclusive interview con Crystal Garcia, 2013.
cchwnn.
Pasadena, Texas. Hello again I am Blanca blanch Blanco con on the road again interview. This week our creator sends us to somewhere around Houston to interview a very young Tejano artist, Crystal Garcia. Now for that interview.
Bbb; hello my dear can you give me a hand of this bicycle?
Cg: of course!

BBB: ok Crystal tells us about how you got into la onda TEJANA?

Cg; I basically started off alone in a little community program after school with some friends in march of 2010. We played nothing but Tejano music. By summer of 2011 I was joined by my brother and sister on accordion and drums. Joining us as well was our neighbor Isaiah Tellez on bass and also accordion. We were nothing but Puro Conjunto by the time. We started off at benefits. Alot of benefits! Then slowly we amounted to where we are at now.

BBB: how difficult was it to get a group together and the name of the band you play with?
Cg; it was difficult to keep my first group together because we were all of different families and cultures. Their parents didn't support them in music it the fact we had to stay out till three in the morning sometimes.
That's how the original Crystal N Crew died. But with the support of my parents and Isaiha's parents we got a solid band started right away. As far as our name. In the original Crystal N Crew it was a chAllenge. The simple fact that some couldn't stand the idea of my name being the band name. Crystal N crews name was invented by my former bass player Javier Medina. It's has stuck with us forever.


BBB: being so young, does this take much of your time from getting an education?
Cg; in my life education comes first. I'm pretty good at managing my time with school and music. I'm actually a pretty hardcore need when you come down to the real Crystal. All Advanced placement classes and 23 credits by the time I became a junior and a GPA of 4.0. Gotta love school!


BBB: do you travel a lot?
Cg; I travel very little actually. I've been all over Pasadena and Houston but farther than that it's been a few. We are only now starting bookings in Austin and San Antonio and other surrounding Areas.

BBB: how difficult was it to get a recording contract?
Cg: it wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. All I did was be nice and make friends. Then I found out I live one minute from Fuerte Studios! We took a Lil trip over. Talked some business and Just yesterday I finished recording my first CD. So watchout for the first album. "llegaste tu"


BBB; do believe in vampires or UFO’s?
Cg; I believe in UFOs!


Bbb; from all the performances you, which still stand out in your heart /
Cg; the performance that stands out in my heart the most is the rancho alegre Conjunto festival earlier this month! One of the best performances I have had in my career! the dance floor filled during the entire set. I couldn't believe it. It was my first time in the city of Austin and I will never forget how welcomed and loved everyone made me feel .

Bbb; what do your parents think about all this attention you are getting?
Cg: my parents couldn't be any prouder of me than they are now. They fill with pride at the thought of my impact on the Conjunto world. My mom is the most amazed when I post something on Facebook I usually get 30+ likes. Of course they are very cautious but hey, they are only looking out for me.


BBB: how many instruments do you know how to play?
Cg; I know how to play four instruments. Guitar, Bajo Quinto, bass, and violin.


BBB; what do you think the status of la onda TEJANA nationwide is? ( for example getting better, very limited, etc)
Cg; the status of la onda tejana is definitely getting better, I actually hear people listen to Tejano and Conjunto more often in school now, that's a miracle! On radio stations I notice there is Tejano music being played again. More and more bands are coming out and to this day Tejano and Conjunto events are always filled with people who love it!



BBB: does it come easier in learning new material that you write or harder in learning someone else’s songs?

cg;It's equal to me, all you need is a little originality and creativity and you got this!


Bbb: if you had the chance to speak with a group of young people wanting to get into la onda TEJANA, what would you tell them?
Cg; I would say. Be determined, and ready for criticism, especially if you are a girl. Don't you ever give up!

BBB: and finally, what would you like to tell your fan base from around the world?
Cg; I love you! Thank you for not giving up on me! And I will not disappoint you! Puro Conjunto baby!

BBB: well dear I want to thank you for this interview and will you give me a hand on this bicycle, and why don’t you follow me and lets go to Houston and go ice skating?
CG; let's go!

No comments:

Post a Comment