Friday, December 19, 2014

exclusive interview con Merk, chicano rapper, 2014


Exclusive interview con Merk, chicano rapper, 2014.

Cchwnn.

Albuquerque, NM. Hello raza I am Blanca Blanch Blanco con on the road again interviews. This day, my little legs will pumping my big body to the great state of New Mexico to meet up con esta chicano rapper aka Merk, now for that cool interview.

BBB: hi, Merk can you give me a hand of this bicycle?

M: Yes i can sister.

BBB: So tell us a little bit about yourself and how did you get into the rap scene?

M:  I grew up in the WAR ZONE  a low income neighborhood in the heights of Albuquerque... never met my dad, so I was raised by a single mother who was an alcoholic i was an only child... I got into the rap scene when i was about 13 years old my older homies in the neighborhood would always freestyle I liked how to they would go back and forth so I jumped in on it one day and found out how much I liked it...

 

BBB: how difficult can it be to get a rap release and marketing it?

M:  It all depends on how determined you are and also your financial status... sometimes who you know and what you know... If you don’t have the ambition it can be very difficult...

 

BBB: when you travel from show to show how hard is it on your family and you personally?

M: 4. It's not to hard on me at all my daughter's moms are great... they've always lived with them so traveling isn't a problem except the fact I ain't got my licence right now but I love to travel...

BBB: is there still one performance that stands out the most from all the different ones you done?

M:  I would have to say the one we did in Tucson, AZ it was with Lil Rob I can't remember the exact date but yeah...

 

BBB: lots of folks in the hood stereotype rappers as all being blacks, of course there are those exceptions, do you thing that you might be one of them ( big joe, block boyz)?

M: No I believe rap is color blind its a human nature to express your feelings on a dope beat...

 

 

BBB: how do you get inspired to write lyrics for rap songs?

M: I found it as a way to vent so I would say when my feelings need to come out and that is frequent... And also listening to other rappers

 

 

BBB: tell about the latino rap scene in Albuquerque?

M:  We have a lot of great Latino rappers in Albuquerque much of them are about street life... at least the higher level rappers are we do lots of shows and swap meet hustle but there are some that have major record deals...

 

 

BBB: how did you get involved with Chicanothugrecords?

M: My brother Mr. Chicano Thug had opened the label in 2008 i was recruited in 09 after a long separation... I was at the flee market and ran into one of the childhood homies and he told me they had got on the shelf so i went and bout a CD from hastings and called the the number on the back of it left a message and no longer than 10 minutes my brother called me back and asked " I was thinking if you aren't already spoken for i would like to have you on  my label... You are one of the baddest rappers I know" i said yes... I was in the studio a week later rapping for Chicano Thug Records...#

 

 

BBB: have you ever tried rapping to conjunto music?

M: .No but it would be an experience I wouldn't mind trying...

 

 

BBB: I am sure you are aware that some conjunto and banda music and songs glamorize cartel type of life, does your rap songs going along that type of feeling?

M: #11.I've converted that life style into a lot of my music yes but I am gradually moving forward to a different lifestyle and easier music for all type of listeners... but I will be staying in the rap/hip hop/rnb scene...#

 

BBB: where can we imagine Merk in five years?

M: .I've converted that life style into a lot of my music yes but I am gradually moving forward to a different lifestyle and easier music for all type of listeners... but I will be staying in the rap/hip hop/rnb scene...

 

BBB: one of our favor questions is if you were given the chances to speak with a group of young folks what would you tell them?

M: In General I would like to tell em anything is possible as long as you put your better side of your mind to it... Never give up on trying... And if you fail at something try again until it gets right... Also my experiences within exception.

 

 

BBB: and finally what words to you want to share con all the fans from around the world?

M: . I would like to thank everybody for taking the time in listening and understanding the music of my life... I love you all... And please continue to support the label @ Chicano Thug Records... #16. 915 Records Payaso in El Paso, Texas...

 

 

BBB: ok Merk thanks again, can you please help me back on this bicycle and point to texas?

M: Yes ms.

 

BBB: wow this was heavy. And yet it’s just a small indication on how versatile and multitalented la raza really is, I am bbb go day.

No comments:

Post a Comment