Thursday, December 18, 2014

exclusive interview with Marcus Daniels 2014

Exclusive interview with Marcus Daniels, 2014.
Cchwnn.
Waco, Texas. Hello raza I am Blanca Blanch Blanco con on the road again interview. This week my bicycle takes me way up to central Texas to meet up con a new upcoming Tejano star Marcus Daniels, and now for that impressive interview.
Bbb: Hello big guy, can you give me a hand off this bicycle?
Md: Hello Blanca Blanch Blanco. Sure I can help you. By the way love the outfit! 
 
BBB: ok let’s get the record straight, you are African American, how in the world did you get involved con la onda Tejana?
Md: Yes... just an ordinary black guy not Dominican, Cuban or Puerto Rican... Born and raise Texan. La onda Tejana was introduced to me as an early teen. I would stand up in Quincaneras and invited to dances with my friends from school. I first became intrigued with dancing Tejano music. Had to become the best dancer around.That was my gold.
 
BBB: with some many challenges in life how difficult has it been for you to get into the main stream de la onda?
Md: Thanks to social media and internet radio stations it has moved a bit faster than I anticipated. I wouldn't say main stream de la onda but I'm knocking on it's door... " Open Up I Want In Dude" Who's ever on the other side of the door should move because I'm about to kick it in.
 
BBB; what do your family think about this new endeavor and your music career?
Md: Incredible support more than I expected. My sister asked for the lyrics so that she could sing along and also translate.
 
 
BBB:  as you might already know, list of Black Tejano entertainers are not many but some have broken into the Tejano music market, what are some of your expectations?
MD: I don't mind at all being compared to Bobby El Charro Negro Butler or Dee Burleson. Those guys are awesome. I would be thrilled with any portion of their success. I will bring my own sabor which will standout from a lot of other new artist. I really think it will go over well in studio but definitely in live performances 
 
BBB: tell us a little bit about your latest release “Tu Calor”?
Md: Like I mentioned before dance in a passion of mine. So i wanted this 2nd single to be a song people would love to dance. Some call it a progressive Tejano song. 

BBB: what is on the back burner for 2015 for Marcus Daniels?
Md: Staying busy in the studio with Sotero Seniceros to have the full CD ready by Fall 2015.. Marcus Daniels Y Algo Suave are currently booking for 2015

 BBB: from all the performances up to now, is there one that still that you remember the most?
Md: servral to pick from; I have had the opportunity to open up for Ruben Ramos. I also was allowed to take lead on Vestido Blanco with Jessy Serreta. Fan Fair was awesome as well.
 
BBB: I am sure learning and singing Spanish is a great accomplishment, are there times that Tejano speaking Spanish folks surprised by your mastering this language?
Md: It's fun to see that double take when people are trying to figure out what they are seeing. And fun to hear that question" Where are you from?" By the way its no where near mastered.
 
BBB: Mr. Daniels if you were asked to speak with a group of young people what would say to them?
MD: If you love it and you want it do it. Do it now and stop wasting time. If it's in your heart and you have a passion for it failure should not be a factor.
 
BBB: and finally sir what would like to tell your fan base from all over the world?
Md: Thanks to La Onda Tejana for the support I have received so far it has been awesome. If you have not had the chance please check my two releases "Por Que Mi Amor and "Tu Calor" are on all major media outlets and also at Texsoundpublishing.com  
 
BBB: well sir it was very nice of you to give us this time to do this interview, and now can we go to dinner, but first give me a hand on this bicycle?
Md: Thanks for the time Blanca Blanch Blanco and Thanks to Cchwnn
 
BBB: well it’s a very unique situation here, I love my job and I enjoy traveling throughout this great country interviewing Tejano performers, today was one of them con Marcus Daniels, I am BBB and good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment