Monday, December 22, 2014

exclusive interview con Veronique Medrano, pinata army 2014


Exclusive interview con Veronique Medrano, pinata army 2014.

Cchwnn.

Brownville, Texas. Hello mi raza I am Blanca Blanch Blanco con on the road again interview. This week my bicycle takes me deep south, Brownsville, Texas to meet up con Veronique Medrano, Tejana singer. Now for that interview.

Bbb: hi dear, can you give me a hand off this bicycle?

Vm:  Let me jump in the back and “Lets Ride!”

 

BBB: well first of all I am very excited to meet you and after seeing your picture on several website and yours, Can you describe you whole promotional package and the look you want us to perceive?

VM:  I love the Rockabilly look and the whole style of the 50s.  So, I’m taking it, adding some of my own flare and calling it Tejanobilly.  The piñatas on the other hand are a representation of unity, family & fun.  Growing up my Mom always had a piñata for all occasions; birthday parties, holidays, you name it she always had one specially made, lol.  My uncle broke his ankle once and guess what?  Yep, there was a piñata of an ankle in a cast!  LOL.  Mmmmm, maybe we’ll make one of you one day Blanca.

 

BBB: let’s take a trip back to the earlier days of Veronique, what did we want to accomplish at a very young age to where we are now?

Vm:  Education was always my main focus, it still is.  I graduated from Lopez High School in 2009.  I studied music at the University of Texas at Brownsville and then moved to Edinburg to complete my bachelors at UTPanAmerican; I majored in humanities.  I am planning to pursue my Master Degree in Business.

 

BBB: being considered an Independent artist in the la Onda Tejana, how difficult can it be in promoting your own unique style?

VM:  I think no matter the genre being an independent artist is quite difficult.  It pretty much means you are doing what you can with what you have.  I am grateful for my family, friends, & fans (my 3F’s).  Because of them and social media we have done so much with little to no financial support.

 

BBB: What were some of your major concerns when you released your first album  “regresando a mis Racies” in 2013, and which songs off this album really launched your singing career?

 

Vm: The first concern was if the music would be accepted?  It is quite difficult to come out with new material that no one has ever heard before.  We have been blessed that everyone has given us positive feedback and asking us for more!  Sin Saber was liked among the Tejano fans and the reason we re-released it on the “Encantadora” album.

 

BBB: a year later we have noticed that you have released a new album. Can you tell us a little about that and how successful it has been?

VM:  Upon receiving the news that I had made it to the Top 5 Best New Female Artist at the 34th Annual Tejano Music Awards in San Antonio we released a special edition of “Encantadora” with new artwork.   The album is still getting recognition and we are going to be touring in 2015. We also just released a Christmas single titled “Ya Viene Navidad” this Thanksgiving along with a music video; it has also been well received by the public.

 

BBB: lol tell us about Veronique  Pinata Army and how it got started and stand for?

Vm:  Well, it actually got started when we were working on getting a marketing plan as to the look we wanted to achieve as we moved forward with the promotion of “Encantadora.” The piñata was first used on promotional posters and then t-shirts.  It even made it to the cover of the special addition artwork.  Then fans started sending me pics of drawings they had made and I even received a hand made Mini-Me piñata from a very special fan.  So, I began calling my fans my Piñata Army.

It symbolizes my culture and part of who I am and things that I love about being Latina.  As I mentioned earlier, in our home during the holidays and all types of celebrations there is always a piñata.  Everyone gets a chance to break it; we start with the little ones and then the grownups also get a chance.  All of our fiestas have the air filled with music, enticing aromas of bbq’d food and in the company of great family & friends.  So, with that being said we want our music to be reflective of who we are and how we tend to have a good time. 

BbB: from all the performances is there one that still stands out in your mind?

VM: There are so many but for now the most recent is at Dean Porter Park two weeks ago when we had a Christmas Concert to launch the Christmas single “Ya Viene Navidad.”  The day began with the filming of the music video for this single and in attendance were the children who sang on the track and their families.  Later in the evening the entire Pullam Elementary Band & Choir joined me on stage.  It was very special to me to share that moment and milestone with everyone in attendance that day.  It was a special day filled with so much love and support and to see the young kids singing my song was extremely emotional for me!  I am truly blessed.

 

BBB: how important do you think education is? And have you ever reconsidered going into another career?

Education and hard work are the elements of success.  Education has given me the courage and confidence to follow my dreams. I have considered doing other things in communications and truly enjoy marketing.  I could easily see myself in film whether in front or behind the camera; I love creating.

 

BBB: How supportive has your family and friends been?

VM:  Blanca, the support has been crucial from day one and without my 3F’s (Family, Friends & Fans) I would not be talking to you today.

  

BBB: do you much traveling when you perform and how hard is it on your family and you personally?

VM:  We do a lot of traveling.  This coming year I will be going on tour with a live show and it will be a bit more challenging since I work full-time; I love music so I will make it work, lol.  The Veronique Crew is always on the road with me and they are my source of strength that keeps me going.

 

BBB: does having the right band members’ help in live performances?

Vm: Does Blanca love her white Go-Go Boots?  Of course it does.  It has taking me a while to find the right ingredients for The Puro Party Band.  You cannot make a good dish without the right ingredients.  What is the difference between a good meal and a great meal?  The ingredients!  Every single piece is crucial in having a great performance.   

BBB: one of our favor questions is if you were asked to speak with a group of students interested in getting into the music business, what encouraging words would you use?

Vm: I’ve been to many schools in my town and get this question a lot.  My answer every single time is, “Arm yourself with an education and always follow your heart.”

 

BBB: and finally Ms. Veronique Medrano what would you like to share with your worldwide fan base?

Vm: Thank you for your constant love and support.  It has made this journey a much easier road to travel.  Please continue to tell your family and friends about my music.  Piñata Army assemble!!!  Visit my page at www.veroniquemedrano.com

 

BBB; Veronique I want to thank you for giving us the time to do this interview, can you point to highway 77 North?

VM:  Let’s go get our nails done first, my treat!

 

BBB:  gee well as long as they don’t say anything about my horse nails….

wow what was that all about? It was exciting and funny, and we know that we have a new friend and a Tejano star for many more years con Veronique Medrano, I am BBB, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment