Wednesday, July 25, 2012

exclusive interview con Elias Arredondo, 2012


Exclusive interview con Elias Arredondo, 2012.
Cchwnn.
Kingsville, TX. Hello, I am Santa Cecilia la que te canta con on the road again interview. At this moment I find myself on the other side of forth worth, Texas here in business. We are here today to meet up con a Tejano legend Elias Arredondo, now for that interview.
Sc: hello Elias, say can you give me a big hand off this bicycle?
Ea: Yes i can.... Come on in we can put your bicycle on the porch... Would you like a big glass of horchata? ....

Sc: let’s start how does a Tejano con a master degree from University of Texas Austin get into la onda tejana and by the way what is your master’s degree in?
Ea: I have been in the music industry pretty much all of my life and getting an education was very important to me. I pursued my goal in achieving my diploma and I'm living my dream with my music career. I have a Masters Degree in Computer Science.

Sc: how young were you when you starting singing and what was the first Tejano group you starting singing for?
Ea: Well lets see I started at the tender young age of 4. I first started singing Mariachi, thats always been my first love ....I had my own Mariachi Group, Los Caporales back in the late 70's til the Mid 80's. ....I started singing Tejano Music in the 90's with a band called Grupo Fierro and I also sang with another band named El Dorado
.
Sc: I noticed that you have had your share of being a member of different Tejano bands, what instruments did you play with the following groups: Fierro, El Dorado, and Amistad, and Hometown boys?
Ea:I was just the vocalist/ front man with Grupo Fierro, Amistad and The Hometown Boys. I played the Bajo Sexto with El Dorado as well as Lead Vocals.

Sc; how difficult is it to join a different group and what are some of the problems that come with it being the new kid on the block?
Ea; It has been an awesome experience.. these guys are great individuals as well as very talented musicians! I haven't had any problems at all.. Everyone welcomed me with open arms and we are very eager and excited about our future endeavors. I want to Thank them as well for believing in me and allowing me to be a part of the LEGADO Family!!

Sc: how hard is it traveling all the time on your family and your own health?
Ea: My Family is very supportive in my career and I am in perfect health.. except for a few extra pounds that I have gained from being on the road but I am currently hitting the gym and working off the Love Handles.. LOL

Sc: you are currently singing for a group named LEGADO, how do you feel being part of this band?
Ea; LEGADO is the band formerly named Hache Tres... We recently changed the name due to conflict of interest and to clear up any confusion. We have the same band members : Johnny, Stevan, Gilbert, Frank and myself, Elias.

Sc; how is your newest single " Me Declaro Tuyo" doing and how did that come about?
Ea; My Solo Debut single is doing great!! I have had a great response and am looking forward to my CD release named POR FIN!

Sc; being part of some many great bands how many awards have you been part of that those bands won?
Ea: In 2010, I earned Conjunto Album of the Year at The TTMA awards and I was also inducted into The Tejano Roots Hall Of Fame. In 2011, I earned Conjunto Album of the Year. I was also nominated for Male Vocalist of the Year and Conjunto Song of the Year. I attained all of these prestigious awards and nominations while I was the lead singer for The Hometown Boys. This year, The Hometown Boys are nominated at The TTMA Awards for Conjunto Song of The Year and Conjunto Album of The Year. This is the last CD that I recorded with them.

SC; on this new single you just released “ me declare tuyo” ( really) is this the first step of going independent and hopeful a solo career?
Ea: I am making my Solo Debut.. my Single release, Me Declaro Tuyo, is my new release and my Solo Debut named POR FIN will be making its debut in a couple of weeks!!

Sc: how long were you con los hometown boys?
Ea: I was the Lead Vocalist / Front Man from 2008 - 2012.

SC: in going solo how difficult would it be in performing single from your present cd?
Ea; I am ready!! I Love to be onstage singing and putting on a Great Performance for my Fans!!

Sc: if you had a chance to speak with a group of young people what encouraging words would you say to them?
Ea; Follow your dreams, get an education and never give up!! The sky is the limit.. I am living proof!! Never forget where you came from and always stay grounded.

Sc; what could be the reasons a person would leave a certain band?
Ea: More often than not there are disagreements with the business side of the industry and people are forced to make decisions for the betterment of their career.

SC: and finally, what words would you like to share with the millions of worldwide fans that you have?
Ea: First and foremost I want to Thank all of my Family, Fans and Promoters for being so supportive and patient during my new endeavors. I am back and ready for action!! I want to especially Thank Tommy Productions for all of the advice, support and for always believing in me! I also want to Thank MG Records for believing in me and allowing me to be a part of the MG Records Family.. The men behind this record label are Manuel Garza, Fernando Munoz and Alberto Ramon.. Thank You Again!!

Sc: again thanks for giving us this great interview and we want to wish you luck con your new onda, and do you mind if you can give us a hand and allow us to stay for awhile so I can rest my legs?
Ea: Sure, come on in Two and a half Men is about to start LOL!!!!!!

Sc: again raza I have the best job in the world, I am santa Cecilia la que te canta.

No comments:

Post a Comment