Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kristie Villarreal 2008/2011 interview

Interview from the past 2011.
Cchwnn: exclusive interview con upcoming tejana star Kristie Villarreal .
03042008.
Somewhere in san anto, tejas. Hello again my name is Jonathon barrios con a very special interview con un tejana con a brand new onda. It gave us great pleasure to have been given a few moments of her real busy schedule.
Jonathon barrios: gee Kristie I am honor today con su presents and allowing us this interview?

KV: Thank you for taking time to do this interview to help spread the word to la onda about me and my music.
JB: on your web site you have a song download “ la misma mujer”, did you write this one and was this your first release?

KV: Yes La Misma Mujer came from a demo project I started with 3x Grammy Award Producer Chris Dominguez" Urbano B". My plan was to record a couple of songs with him to put out there to get a start in the Tejano Music Industry. La Misma Mujer was the fruit of our labor. We sat down and wrote the song together. It was so important for me to have my own original music for people to remember me by. Chris added a hip new flavor to the mix. We were successful with it and it ended up being a pretty memorable song ,very catchy. I was so excited about it that I did not finish the rest of the project. I felt very confident about the single and I took the single down to my local Tejano Radio Station Majic 95.9 in Victoria, Tx and sold myself to the PD. He loved it and they automatically put it into rotation.

JB. you now live in san anto but maintain not to be from there?
KV: I was born and raised in Port Lavaca,Tx. A small town that sits on the gulf. More of a retirement community you might say. I loved it there. I then moved a little further down the road to Victoria,Tx. and resided there for a while. When I decided to pursue the music career what better place to be than in the Tejano Capital of the World. Living in the city is a big adjustment for me. More people , more traffic but I am getting used to it. I love it here.



Jb : I noticed that you posted that 2007 was the beginning of your musical journey, can you express the way you felt when you heard your first single on the airwaves?

KV: It was March 17, about 1:14 p.m. I walked out of the radio station and just sat in my car in the parking lot tuned into the radio station. A song played and then next thing you know it happened for me. They introduced me and the song began to play. I cried and in the midst of crying I dialed everyone's number in my phone to share the great news for them to tune in. It would play once in the morning and then in the afternoon everyday. The coolest part was when I picked up my kids from school and we were tuned in and it began to play. They were so excited to hear mommy on the radio. They sang along at the top of their lungs. They even took a copy of my song to their class to teach their friends. Mind you they were only in Pre K AND Ist Grade. I 'll never forget all these memorable moments.

Jb; what advantages do you see using the internet in promoting your new cd and your elf?
KV:I owe all my success to the internet. I had no savings to fund this dream. Just a dream and my faith in God. I had no connections in the Tejano Industry. I did not have the money to travel to meet people even if I new who to talk to. My myspace has allowed me to connect with the world and to meet people and artist in the industry via the web. It did not cost a thing to sit on the computer day and night and network to find the connection i needed to get in the industry. All my sleepless nights of being on this computer have payed off and played an important role in getting me in contact with my promoter and record label.

Jb: I am not sure but what instrument would you like to learn to play that you do not currently know how to play?
KV:I was a band nerd in high school. I played clarinet and jammed out in the percussion line. I would love to play the piano.

Jb: your new cd to be released real soon, can you tell how much work did it take and the selection one has to choose to place on the cd?
KV:It has taken me a yr to complete the album. Being so new in the industry I left the selections up to my very talented producer Ernie Gonzalez. He has been in the business for a while and he knows what the people want to hear. Although I did make one special request. I recorded a song for my children. It is our special song and they are going to love it.



Jb: when it comes to your music, which is easier to deal with? Praise or criticism?
KV:That is a very good question. I can handle both pretty well. I sat back for years and just studied the industry. I frequented the message board. Female artist sights. I watched and read how other up and coming female artist were being criticized. In doing that I educated myself on what to do and what not to do. I listened and read what the people wanted. I have already built up a layer of tough skin coming into this industry. It is so hard for women to break thru the barriers in this male dominated industry. So many female artist have come and gone and I plan to be around for a long time. Many people have told me they admire my drive and my confidence to succeed. I always say, "If you do not believe in yourself, noone else will ". I am doing this for my children so they can continue to pass our music and culture on to the next generation. I have been praised and criticized and there is alot more of both to come. I am ready.

Jb: if you could step into the shoes of any tejano legends in history and tour as them for one week , who would it be and why?

KV: Of course it would be Selena. She possessed such energy and could draw people in to her. She was so beautiful and talented. The complete package.
Jb: and finally, what was your childhood dream?
Kv.: I am gonna be straight up with you. I had no childhood dream. Maybe I am just weird like that. I just never knew what I wanted to do or be until my high school yrs when I first took that mike in my hand and sang me first Tejano Song. Sometimes dreams find you I guess.


Jb; again Kristie it was great and we wish you the very best and le’ts not forget us when you get to big?
Kv? Thanks so much for having me. I encourage everyone to continue to support La Onda Tejana. Be looking out for more of Kristie Villarreal. This is only the beginning of my journey. Please visit my page to find out exact date of when my album will be in a store near you. Que vive La Musica Tejana de Kristie Villarreal por siempre.

Well raza there you have, la onda tejana will never die, because for many of us those dreams come true., I am Jonathon barrios and have a great tejano day..

No comments:

Post a Comment