Thursday, March 24, 2011

exclusive interview con dennise lopez 2011

Exclusive interview con Dennise Lopez, 2011.
Cchwnn.
Baytown, Texas. Hello again, Santa Cecilia la que te canta and am I glad to be back in tejas, after that long ride from The Land of Oz, Kansas. But today our creator takes me to meet up con wow this great looking woman, Dennise Lopez, but enough of that, let¡¦s get to that interview.
SC: hello dear how are you and can you help me get off this bicycle?
DL: Oh Wow *hello there* Let me get that for you. There we go, maybe I will give you a ride on my moped after the interview lol ha ha :) and I am doing GREAT! I appreciate you traveling so far to talk to me...you must have some great legs!
SC: I sure do, do you mind if I can sit down also, let¡¦s start by asking how did you get into la onda tejana?
DL: Well I was born and raised here and I grew up listening to what used to be 106.5 KQQK. It was all Tejano all the time, I enjoyed La Mafia, Los Palominos, Jennifer Pena, Selena (of course), and so many others. I started doing small gigs in the Houston area singing different genres from rancheras, latin, to grupero, and tejano of course. My favorite crowds are my tejano crowds... we love to dance, we love to party, and the vibe and the atmosphere are just awesome. I love to entertain and just put on a good show. I have been able to network and get more contacts and I am grateful for all the opportunities I have been given so far. I love that we can jam to Tejano music and I throw in a ranchera at times and the crowd likes it.

SC: when you were a child, did you ever think that you were going to be a tejana star?
DL: I have always been a dreamer and I still dream big, I used to watch Selena videos and I felt like I was there. She filled stadiums and touched so many people to this day she is still an all time favorite. I dreamed of winning awards and I want to make music that means something, that people can relate to or always remember. It hasn't exactly been easy and there have been times where I have told myself that maybe this was just that, a dream. I did not have the support of my family when I decided to pursue my dreams and its hard to even start period. You only live once so I decided a few years back that this is something worth fighting for. The experience and the feeling of being on stage is what I want and what I want to do is sing. I have a great team supporting and pushing me to give my all and live the moments.

SC: how hard is it to put one of your performances, in terms of music and selection of songs, wardrobes?
DL: LOL! My manager is going to get up for this one and answer "VERY STRESSFUL!!" Lol! I wouldn't say it¡¦s hard to put on a performance because I truly enjoy it, and I work and practice for a good show. It takes more commitment, dedication, and just passion. Your goal is to get people into the music and into the performance. My manager gets huge credit for this because my wardrobe would be a hot mess and the music selection would probably not be all that great lol. We work as a team and we work on each performance from A-Z, from start to finish daily to prepare for the next event. I have learned so much from seeing others perform and self critique from my videos helps me try harder or try to push for being better. There is always room for improvement and I grow and take in more with each gig. I had Promesa Mortal with me for Fan Fair this year and it was fun to practice and prepare, but the outcome was even better. I really enjoyed the moment and we all had a great time.

SC; not to get personal, but I notice you like to wear black, is there a reason for that?
DL: *sucking stomach in* Well thanks for calling it out and putting me on the spot there lol. It's no secret that black makes one look thinner and with the ten lbs the camera adds (plus them tacos), I need all the help I can get LOL. Not to mention black goes with everything and it gives me the edgy look I like. I try to change it up but there is always something on a hanger calling my name and it just so happens to be black.

SC: if a young person asked you what does it take get into the music business, what would you tell them?
DL: The most important thing, I always say is PASSION! Without passion for something you can't find that courage and the drive to overcome the obstacles you will encounter. You have to believe in yourself and you have to have a strong personality that won't let anyone bring you down. You do have to have an open mind and learn when to hold back and when you need to step up. Dreams do come true and its up t you to make things happen. I had the opportunity to speak to a few of our legendary tejano artists who advised me to be patient and to be strong for everything that comes with this difficult industry. You must work hard and self improvement is the key. Educate yourself, reach for the stars. Nobody is going to come knocking on your door, get out there and show yourself, network, promote yourself, be different. I remind myself all the time.

SC: I not sure if you are married or not but how hard is it for your family when you on the road most of the time?
DL: No No No! Lol! Not anytime soon for me. Well ok, I am married to la musica :) and that one I am not planning to ever divorce. As far as familia, the friends that support me day to day with everything I do is who I call family. It is unfortunate that I did not have the support of my parents, but I didn't let that get in the way of the way my dreams and my life and I have managed to live a good life thus far. I have my roadie and I make the best out of every experience and every place I go. BTW I love San Antonio.... relaxing, yet party atmosphere.

SC: what expectations/accomplishments have you met con your singing career up to now?
DL: Just being able to be known in the Houston surrounding area in such a short period of time has been amazing and now moving into the SA area. I recorded my 2 song cover demo and that felt like a huge accomplishment just because it was something I wanted to do forever and get the feel of being in a studio and it was something I worked and saved for to do. Growing on stage as well, if you see my videos from the time I started to now, you see a huge difference (there¡¦s always room to grow I know and have a lot to learn) from then to now. I hope to have a lot more towards the end of this year with opening for people to having my demo complete and who knows, maybe some offers from some record labels. ƒº (Scheduled to have Demo complete in June, stay tuned!) OH AND CAN¡¦T FORGET!! Being interviewed by YOU!!!! DUH! ƒº

SC: can list the names of different folks you have performed with or opened the show for?
DL: I have been a part of a few local shows and thanks to Jim Luna and Quartermoon Productions I was one of the opening acts for Little Joe and Ramon Ayala. I am scheduled to open up for Mingo Saldivar for Fiesta in San Antonio in April and I am very excited about that. I have been on tracks and performing with band Promesa Mortal has been just awesome and the support and the love we get from the the spectators make it even better.

SC: lots of young women have lots of peer pressures about certain things now days such as tattoos, boyfriends and relationships what are some of the cautious they should take in making sure the succeed , in their lives?
DL: You are in charge of your own life and your decisions. It's up to you to make it a successful one no matter what it is that you really want to do. Live for yourself, learn to be independent and you will only have regrets if you don't try. Don't quit doing what you love for someone, if that someone loves you they will push you to keep going with or working for what you want. Always set goals for yourself and remember that it¡¦s okay to be single if you have something you want to focus on in life. I am focused and I feel that I wouldn't be able to balance and give my all at this point in my life. For those successful women that are able to do this, hats off to you my ladies. Always think long and hard, remember that decisions and actions you make today can make the difference for the rest of your life for better or for worse. I have a lot of faith in God and I know that he has guided me and has put the important people in my life here for a reason. You also might want to think twice (3X's) about putting your boyfriends name on your body... it¡¦s easy to drop the guy but not the tattoo. LOL

SC; and finally what is in the future for Denise Lopez?
DL: Well since you ask... Grammies, Grammies, and more Grammies! Just kidding, but hey one or two or more wouldn't hurt anyone o si? My goal is to make and transmit great music that makes memories and brings back memories for fans and followers. I want to continue to perform and put out my demo soon so people will know more about me and I hope to get a record label to back me up and put me on the right track.

SC: gee Denise we want to thank you for your time in doing this interview, and can you please give a hand getting on this bicycle and which way is the freeway?
DL: No thank you for traveling all the way to Baytown on your bike. I am actually on my way to the mall to shop for my next outfit, (thinking of white for one day and brown the next, trying to get out of the black since you pointed it out LOL) so if you need a ride hop on (I have an extra helmet) lol. If not, you have my number in case you get a flat or something. Mira, the freeway esta *looking around* that way, or is it that way?? No no it¡¦s over there lol sorry.

SC : gee that is so sweet, let me hop on tha¡K.t moped on that ,,, gee this is a small moped,,,,,as I ride down hill as fast as I can , I just wonder when will the chain fall off con la onda, never. I am Santa Cecilia.

No comments:

Post a Comment