Friday, October 28, 2011

exclusive interview con rancho alegre entertainment, Baldomero f. alvarez 2011

Exclusive interview con Rancho Alegre Entertainment, Baldomero F. Alvarez, 2011.
Cchwnn.
Austin, texas, hello again mi friends, I am Santa Cecilia la que te canta con on the road again interviews. This week my bicycle takes me to the heart of our lone star state, Austin, Texas, to meet up con a man that has really amazed me con su on line radio Rancho Alegre Entertainment. Now let us get to that interview.
SC: Hello Baldomero, how are you doing sir, by the way can you help me get off this bicycle?
BA: Ha, I need help myself.
SC: one of the things that caught my eye con the Rancho Alegre radio was the actually name. can you tell us how that came about?
BA: First of all, I’d like to thank you for this interview. I am used to doing
the interviewing, so this is a change. And I’d like to thank my staff: Piper,
who does the technical stuff, web editing, etc., and Laura, who does the
photography and stuff.

So back to your question. The name, Rancho Alegre Radio. Well you see, I
come from a large family. There were 9 of us
kids plus my parents. Each one of them influenced me with a different type
of music….from my mother Maria Bernadina
Alvarez Cuellar I got Conjunto, from my dad Guadalupe Orsaval Cuellar Sr.,
I got NorteƱo, from my brothers I got Orquesta,from my sisters I got Rock
n Roll and Country, my grandparents gave me Mariachi and so on. And
when the family would get together, it was always on a rancho, putting a
hog in the ground and dancing and singing. It was a time that was
alegre, so when I was left in charge of the family property I named
it…“Rancho Alegre Land of Hope and Dreams USA,” or
Rancho Alegre for short.

SC: how long have you been on line now sir?
BA: Our website and catalog has been around almost 4 years now,
Rancho Alegre Radio started August of 2010, and we started the taped
interview early 2011. And please call me Frank or Baldomero.

SC: being born in Alice, Texas, and knowing the Rancho Alegre area myself, it seems that lots of your music you jam to are conjunto from that area, is there any reason that is?
BA: Yes, my biggest influence in music was Ruben Naranjo. I was the
youngest. And when my brothers and sisters were all out of the house, and
my mom and dad would go to dance halls, it was either stay with a sitter or go to the dances. Ruben was the first band I ever saw live. That and
being that Alice, Texas was one of the birth places of tejano
music is the reason I honor it also.

SC: why do you think your radio program is different from the dozens of other on line radios and their own style of music?

BA: We’re different because we play Conjunto, and old school Tejano,
stuff that radio and other internet stations stay away from due to recording
quality. The way I see it, I have old pictures of my parents that are not
good quality, but it
does not mean I do not cherish them. Plus with us, there are no
commercials, you got the play list the listener can control,
or the show we record. And we archive our interviews and shows, so you
can listen or re-listen as often as you like. Plus
other stations stick to new Tejano. We play the new stuff also (if it’s good),
but we never forget the old.


SC: from the number of interview you have conducted, which one stands out in your mind?
BA: q-6 Tough one….Chano Cadena. It was like we knew each other for
years. We still call each other just to check up on one another. Awesome
man, and I wish I lived closer to him to be able to visit more often.

SC: what is in the future of Rancho Alegre Entertainment for 2012?
BA: To continue to get signatures from as many people as possible to
present to radio station owners who have forgotten the Tejanos and have
switched formats from Tejano to Banda formats. Nothing against Mexican
music, but we
deserve to have stations too, so we will knock on every exec’s door til we
get our share of Tejano stations

SC: if given the opportunity to speak with a group of young people, what encouraging would you tell them?

BA: I would tell them to be true to yourself, learn of your past, cherish
your culture, speak Tex-Mex Spanish, get educated, learn to play music,
it’s a beautiful thing. No one can take our culture away.

SC: finally, what would like to share with your world wide fans?
BA: q-9 Keep supporting Tejano Conjunto music. Don’t let our culture fade
away. Thank you for your support. I hope you all enjoy our interviews. We
interview anyone who is in the music biz, no matter how big or small. If
you are a new band, don’t be shy give us a ring, we’ll talk to you. Oh and a
special shout out to our troops. We love you and pray for your
safe return, and thank you so much for all you have done and continue to
do for not only the U.S. but all around the world.

SC: well sir I want to thank you for your time and can you please give me a hand on getting back on this bicycle and point me south towards the freeway?

BA: No, thank you, and I would help you back on your bike, but I can’t
strain myself, I got chorro, you understand.

SC: again raza this is the best job a woman like me could have, I am Santa Cecilia la que te canta.

No comments:

Post a Comment