Monday, July 27, 2015

exclusive interview con sarah ruiz chavez.#3

Exclusive interview con Sarah Ruiz Chavez, 2015, session 3.
Cchwnn.
Olathe, Kansas. Hello raza, I am Blanca Blanch Blanco con on the road again interview. Today my poor little legs pumped my new bicycle all the way to Olathe to meet up with not just a special person, but a cousin and a brilliant person in her own way Sarah Ruiz Chavez and now for that interview.
Session 3.
BBB: besides being involved with the Tejano market, tells a bit about other careers you have had, such as working for Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute?
Src: We are in transition going from LatinPointe Brands, LLC to the now INGEƑUITY. We have spent over a decade developing a marketing and branding company that produces concerts, conventions, television specials and signature events. We specialize in building, connecting, and creating high-profile brands in the Hispanic marketplace.
I’ve been told I should write a book because of all the lives I’ve lived because of the variety of careers and positions I have held over the years. Some of which you will immediately know who my inspirations were. I will name just a couple to keep this short. I’m a certified automotive technician, was the editor-in-chief of a Latino lifestyle monthly magazine, owned a very successful home daycare business and now executive producer of the largest Latin music national convention in the United States.
BBB: I see you are married? How long and to whom?
Src: David and I celebrated our anniversary last week - July 20, 2002. Ironically we were married during an NCLR Conference. David was working for the National Council of La Raza at the time. David's mentor and boss, an extraordinary national leader and civil rights pioneer, Raul Yzaguirre, was at our wedding on South Beach in Miami along with friends and family. It was an amazing day that I will never forget. It truly set the tone for our life together.
BBB: do you think your marriage help you and your spouse in working together as a team and actually get things done?
Src: David is an exceptional partner in life and in business. Our journey together has been a crazy roller-coaster ride of taking risks and immense gratification. We are constantly striving for bigger and better business projects that elevate Latinos. We are driven to spotlight the achievement in our communities that people still don’t know about. Because we share this same dream it makes it easy to work together. I am blessed to have my best friend beside me.
BBB: do you believe in ufo’s?
Src: Are you sure you want to disclose the family secret oracle of UFO ’ s - OK - here is the truth. UFOs are the golden rules by a wise member of the Ruiz family - Uncle Fito. His opinions are revolutionary and are mind bending - you can go to the bank on his words, hence, Uncle Fito’s Opinions or “UFOs” as we, of the Ruiz tribe, call them. Yes, I’m a believer.
BBB: oh yes el tio Fito,being part of your family, we come from a large background of musicians, can you tells a little bit about that?
Src: We hail from a very creative and lively bunch that have proved to be resourceful, resilient and entrepreneurial over generations. My summer memories are of Yoakum Street - late nights outside laughing and talking and of course, making music. Music was a bonding agent that attracted more relatives the later it got - even some that just wanted to claim they were related.
I loved bragging about my giant crazy Ruiz family because we were unconventional. We were impulsive. I was definitely not in Kansas anymore.
BBB: if you were given a chance to speak to a group of young people choosing a career, what encouraging words would you use?
I love this question because it doesn’t cost anything! It’s something I wish I had been told decades ago and it’s so easy. Simply “follow your gut instincts.” If we just tune into our initial impulse when making decisions of any size and use it as a guiding force, we’d all save ourselves a lot of time, money and regrets. Become a voracious reader and seeker of knowledge. Devour information from books, magazines, blogs, news outlets, twitter posts, etc. It’s free! And lastly - surround yourself with people who are positive, lead a balanced life, ambitious and ethical.
BBB: and finally Sarah what would you like to share and tell your fans from around the world?
Src: …ummmm - fans? I can’t imagine having any fans but I will answer the question for you my Blanca. Life is short - appreciate those around you, speak truth from your heart, smile every day, respect your elders and drink plenty of water.
BBB: well Sarah after many years of trying to get your attention we finally did and thank you for this few hours of your time to help do this interview. Now can we go get a bit to eat before I travel back to Kingsville,Texas. Oh by the can you give me a hand back on my bicycle?
Src: I can do better than just give you a hand back on a bicycle. My private jet will fly you and your bike back to Kingsville. I hope you don’t mind but I’ve arranged a party to keep you entertained. There is also a movie theater on the plane so you can watch the Wizard of Oz in HD surround sound! What are cousins for! – right, Blanca? Enjoy!
BBB: well there you have a clear understanding that dreams and hard work do pay off, and make things happen. I am BBB con on the road again, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment