Friday, March 12, 2010

interview con Q-95 Lady DI

Cchwnn : exclusive interview con Q-95, Lady Di.
Cchwnn.
Hello again I am Blanca Blanch Blanco here con a very special interview. It took me three days and two nights to get here and met up Diane Avina, aka q95 Lady DI. She is a very interesting woman, and is well known throughout the mid west. Has been on the airwaves for about ten years and is a devoted tejana. She has her own tejano radio show on Sundays radio station WQTE.FM. AROUND 3 PM TO 6 PM. And can be heard throughout the southwest MIch. And northern Ohio. She also runs the TTMA radio show and Tejano Classic Radio. So let’s get to her interview:

BBB: hello Di como esta? I want to thank you for giving us directions and the time to do this very important interview?

DI:I am doing well thank you,glad you all didn't get lost, it's a pleasure.

BBB: tells us what motivated you to become interested in being a Disc Jockey
DI: Actually, it just fell into my lap, the previous DJ quit without notice, my daughter worked at the station and told them that I was a big fan and followed Tejano music and had a big selection of Tejano music, they called me and wanted to know if I wanted to give it a try so I did and here I am, stilll there 10 years later. Loving what I do.
BBB: did you find it difficult to start a tejano program in your area?
DI: Actaully Q95 Tejano Hits was already on the air when I took over. The prior DJ played a mixture of spanish music when I took over I started to play nothing but Tejano music and progressive conjunto.
BBB: after reviewing your web-page I noticed that you have lots of tejano dances down here, what is the general view of la onda in this area?
DI:La Onda si great. Tejano music is in high demand, the dances are always packed, it doesn't matter if it is a band from Texas or a local band, point blank Tejano music is alive in The Midwest.
BBB: I am sure you have heard and read que la onda is dying and this and that, which of course we don’t agree, what is your take on that question and the future of la onda tejano up here in the mid west?
DI: I totally disagree when people say that La onda is dying. Here in my area people are hungry for the music, We have great bands in the midwest such as Grupo Dezeo, Sensacion, La Coporacion that have been together for over 25 years, we have recording artist such as Los Carnales, Tejano Sound Band, and Grupo Aldaco they are well supported in the Midwest, We have taken our talent to the Fan Fair in San Antonio and recived great praise, people from Texas can't believe we have such great music and musicians here in The Midwest.
BBB: in your opinion, what is the differences between old school tejano and the new frontier tejano?
DI:I would have to say old school used more key boards, the new tejano uses more accordion. However, it doesn't matter to me because I love it all.
BBB: DI, do you have your own style of broadcasting your program?
DI:No certian style I am just myself, I am the same person on the air that I am at home, very down to earth. Very truthfull and open. I play all new music by all new artist that is sent to me. No rotation like other staions. I play what my listeners want to hear, I have a very busy program. I take dedications for 1 hr and I get an average of about 30-40 calls in 1 hour.
BBB: what have been some of the barriers you have encounter in doing this show these long?
DI: Actually believe it or not I have not encountered any barriers, The station is a 24 hour country station, they give me my time every Sunday. The country listeners stay tuned when I go on at 3, they are dedicated listeners, thy even call in dedications. What I think is great is that I have alot of children and teens that also listen to me, it make me feel great when they ( the little ones)call in dedications for their relatives. I have listeners of all ages, and different razas, Its full fills my life and makes me realize that La Onda is alive and kicking in this area,

BBB what is the future for Q-95v , Lady DI?
DI: To continue to do what I am doing, playing the best in Tejano music, and hopefully get my show on the internet someday.
BBB: we want to thank you for your time and now DI if you can point which way is south than I will be on my way?

DI:Your welcome the pleasure was mine and head towards the warm weather. Cause it's not here.

BBB: as we leave the cold weather headed south , I have always wonder how it felt flying south, now I know. I am Blanca Blanch Blanco.

No comments:

Post a Comment