Friday, March 2, 2012

exclusive interivew con veronica y avance.2012




Veronica y Avance wrote: "Exclusive interview con Veronica Y Avance, 2012.
Cchwnn:
Somewhere in Dallas, Texas. Hi Santa Cecilia la que te canta con on the road again interview. This week we are trucking or shall I say riding our tricycle up to Dallas where we are going to meet up con Veronica Sustaita del groupo Veronica y Avance. This is our second interview we have done con esta young lady, enough of that let’s just do it.


Sc: hello dear can you give me a hand off this bicycle?
VS: Sure thing. Nice Bike!

SC: my god since the last time we visited you, you have made lots of progress, let’s start by giving us a little bit of background on how you got into la onda tejana?
VS: Family. It was passed on to my Father as my Father has passed it on down to us. I think music brings us together and one day I hope to pass it down to my future children as well.



SC; Veronica, your band members all seem to be in their early 20’s, which brings a youthful energetic group, how difficult is it keeping a eight piece band together and that level of energy at ever performance ?
VS: Well the music is not hard. I have come to realize that as I grow, so does our music. I started when I was 15 and I am now 23. I think as we get older, our lives change and I think that mirrors the music we create.



SC: how successful has it been in combining traditional tejano elements from the past with modern rock and pop influences in creating your fresh sounds that appeals to all ages?
VS: It’s been great. I see how people react to our live performances and it feels right.



SC: despite being a young band, Veronica, your band has been nominated for numerous awards, can you tell us little bit about all that?
VS: Awards shows really help up reach people that otherwise would not have ever heard our music, so they have been very helpful for us and hopefully these types of awards keep going and promoting new artists.



SC: since the last time we chatted you were in the process of releasing your new record label DEAD BIRD RECORDS, how is that coming along and what are some of your future plans under this label?
VS: New artists are being recorded as we speak and there are some cool things coming in the future that I can’t talk about just yet, but Dead Bird Records is going strong and I’m having a great time with our label.



SC: the theory of evolution, wow, what has this album done for your musical career?
VS: This was a very special Album for us. Although this was our second Album, in a way it was our first because it was the first time we created everything from writing all the songs to recording, engineering, photos, graphics, everything. This was also the first Dead Bird Record album and people have really responded well to it.

People are still discovering this album and it’s a great feeling to have so many different people tell me they like different songs on the album. It was just fun to do.



SC: how hard has it been for you and your band touring across the state of Texas and other place in the United states, on your family, and your personal life?
VS: This is what we do. We love doing it and wouldn’t change it for the world.



SC: you are well known for doing many charitable gigs, can you name a few for whom you have performed for and why?
VS: Wow, off the top of my head we have helped various Tejano Music Coalitions, organizations that fund Diabetes research, Toys for Tots, and organizations that fund Lupus research. We have been put in a position to help, so we do what we can.



SC: do you think that major musical awards haven’t focused on tejano groups enough to give them national status, such as the Grammys and so on?
VS: I would like to see it happen. I think we need to do things in our industry so they can’t ignore us.


SC: what have we learned about the music business now that you had been involved in it for several years?

VS: Do it because you love to do it. Everything else will follow.



SC: in selecting which songs to play during a gig, who determined the music and the number of sets your group, will perform?
VS: Every gig is different. Younger people like cumbias more. Older audiences tend to like rancheras more. We play a pretty good mix I think.
As far as sets and what we play, it just depends on the gig. At Fan Fair we have 45 minutes, so we connect as many songs as we can and keep the music going. But at Fiesta we have 2 hour sets which really lets us connect with and create new fans.

SC: what encouraging words do you want to share with young people wanting to get into la onda?
VS: I will tell them what so many great artists have told me:
Stay in school.
Get your own style, don’t copy.
If you love it, then do it.
If you are good enough, people will pay to hear you.
And never stop practicing.



SC: and finally, Veronica what would you like to share with your fan base from around the world?

VS: NEW ALBUM SOON TO BE RELEASED!!!!!!!!
Join us at www.facebook.com/veronicayavance

SC: well Ronnie, it’s been a great pleasure and you are a beautiful person and we wish your band the best in the future, and now girl can you give me a hand back on this bicycle and point south for me dear?

VS: sure thing. It’s that way.

SC: as I leave Dallas, I have to admit la onda tejana is in good hands, I am Santa Cecilia la que te canta, good day."

No comments:

Post a Comment