Tuesday, March 13, 2012

exclusive interview con Leti y el conjunto central,2012

Exclusive interview con Leti y el Conjunto Central, Feb.2009.
Cchwnn.
Somewhere in odem, texas: hello again I am blanca blanch blanco here with an exclusive interview we had con new tejana superstar, Leti Urbina. We hope you enjoy this interview and her responds to the question we asked her. And now here is that interview:
Bbb: hello leti, we want to thank you for giving us time to do this interview>                                 Leti: well i would like to thank you for asking me its a pleasure & an honor!!!
BBB: ok Leti, that’s start off with what group of people do you think can relate best to your music?
Leti: well there was a group called Conjunto Bernal that was a very famous spanish group back in the day, (before me & you were born) they sang really awesome, all their songs were trios...and thats alot of what we do trios & harmony.
BBB: have you ever cringed when you hear yourself on cd?
Let: everytime, its a little wierd when your driving down the road & your own song comes up....i usually just change it...im pretty sure i know what i sound like!!!
BBB: Where do you see yourself in 5 years in the music business?
Leti: well i hope right up there with best of um'...but we will see where this crazy road of music leads me to...
BBB: So, what's the hardest thing about being Leti?
Leti: i don't know...im a pretty laid back kinda chick, like to talk to any & everybody, maybe keeping my temper to a minimum, I’ve played at some gigs with other bands and sometimes they get a little nit picky about this and that not being adjusted right, i mean don't get me wrong, we all want to sound great but when you say "move that chair, or no you can't use my mic, get away from my guitar" thats a little annoying!! so i guess that can get under any ones skin...so i try to keep it cool smile at them and turn around, that’s a little hard to do!!!
BBB: What do you do in your spare time?
Leti: i haven't had any spare time in a while with my music & full time & part time job , but if i do find myself with nothing to do I love to watch anything on National Geographic, a few reality shows, & looking for deals on ebay!!!
BBB: What's one area on your last performance review you needed to improve on?
Leti: um.....maybe make a little more eye contact with the public, i usually look right over every one head, and i guess because I’m in total concentration...but there’s always a smile on my face!!! but i don't know I’m pretty happy with what i do, as a matter of fact I’m proud of me & my band!!! we rock!!

BBB: Who is most influential in the development of your music style?
LETI: my father, he has had conjunto central for about 35 years and kept a tradional sound, although we the music has evolved throughout the years, the style of music remains the same, which is a conjunto sound, but my father is the brain behind the band (and my accordian player)....he has influenced me more than anyone i know
BBB: How do they influent you?
Leti: he gives me ideas, he tells me when i sound like crap or sound good, he tells me if my ideas are good are bad and pushes me to try my hardest, and when i think i can't do it no more, pushes me even harder....

BBB:What do you wish to do with your music?
Leti: i wish to make it known to as many people across the world as possible, i know not everyone is into spanish but i want them to recognize me voice when they hear it.

BBB: What do you want the audience to do when they are listening to you?
Leti: sing along with me...it gives you that extra boost of confidence
BBB: How do you compose? Do you start with an idea/a picture/ a story in your head and then compose the music to describe it?                   Leti:well there has been a few times that me or my dad will wake up in the middle of the night, with a tune in our heads and you might as well record it because you might forget it in the morning. and sometimes its a little of how you are feeling at the moment, or a personal event.

BBB: A musical career can be hard for one’s family life. How do plan to cope with balancing the demand of the musicians' life-style and keeping things in order at home and your family?
Leti: man thats a hard one.....all i can say to that is you can only take it one day at a time, you don't know what will happen in the future...and i don't know when i will decide to have a family but we will see what happens, for right now im just enjoying life!!

BBB: you know we have been told that the recording industry seems to be a two-edged sword for musicians.... Lots of careers are made via recordings rather than by giving live performances... And many people's musical experience is limited to listening to recorded media. That probably doesn't make it easy for live performers who don't have a major recording contract yet. What do you think we can do to promote attendance of live music performance?
Leti:anything and everything, i think it’s all about promotion, i know that you can be super talented, and with no exposure it’s really hard to get noticed....but i think with no recording label everything is on the musicians hands you promote, you put up the posters... you tell people where you will be at...its hard but thats the industry!!
BBB: and finally leti, do you plan on continuing your eduation, college,etc,,,>?
Leti: well i graduated in 99, went to college in 02 (i think)and there is always room to grow but right now i have enough going on, we will see in the future!!
BBB: we want to thank you leti for your time and allowing us to do this interview?
Leti: thank you for having me, if you ever need some more random thoughts, hit me up again!! later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment