Tuesday, March 20, 2012

exclusive interview con pete arias, internet, dj 2012


Exclusive interview con Pete Arias, internet d.j., 2012.
Cchwnn.
Somewhere in cyberspace. Hi, santa Cecilia la que te canta con on the road again interviews. Today we go on line and visit con Pete Arias, tejanobest.com. now let’s get to that interview.
Sc: hello Pete, can you give me a hand off this cyber bicycle?
Pa:Sure my friend! watch your step!

SC: let see how long have you been a radio personality?

Pa; I started in 1998 and have been broadcasting on and off since then.



SC: what do you find different from the different stations you have worked for?

Pa; Everyone has their own way of doing things and an some audiences are different from others.

Sc; how long do you plan on being a radio person and what are some of your personal goals in this profession?

Pa; I want to own three radio stations...one in Houston, one in Dallas and one in Austin...I want to broadcast Tejano music as long as God allows me to.

SC: did you have turntable when you were a kid, and did you ever think you would be doing this kind of work?
Pa;Yes. I use to entertain my mom and dad, Tias y Tios when they came in late at night when they come home from the baile! i use to play all their oldies...for them. I always wanted to entertain people since an early age...

Sc; how can a person become a radio dj?
Pa; Any person can become a Dj if they have the desire.

Sc; do you have a fcc license?
Pa;No. These days you don't have to a license, only just to own a radio station.

Sc; what are some of the worst thing that could happen when you are live on the radio?
PA:LOL!...Well a number of things, such as getting a request wrong..For example, "This song goes out to David and his new fiancee Jenny" and david is married to shelly...LOL!

Sc; have you ever been a musician?
Pa;I have never been a musician, but some of my kin folks are musicians.

Sc; how do you select the music you play on your program?
Pa; Well, the product has to be good quality, and it has to be Tejano music.

Sc; if asked to give a speech in front of a young crowd, what encouraging words would you say to them about being in the radio business?
PA; I would say if you like to entertain and serve people; and it is what you love doing with all your heart, then go for it! But, if you want to do it for fame and fortune, this may not be what you ought to do; because Tejano music is not about me...its about our culture, the history of the music and the legends that have created the spanish music of Texas, that is so loved by many people around the world!



Sc; I want to take you for your time and can you give me a hand back on the bicycle and point south?
Pa;Sure...Here we go! Thank you for this for this interview and God Bless...Oh btw, go this way ------->...and keep it Tejano por vida!
Sc; well as we leave this wonderful place all we can say is keep it Tejano.

No comments:

Post a Comment