Friday, February 20, 2009

candid interview con juan sifuentes jr.

02222005 CCHWNN: CANDID INTEVIEW CON JUAN SIFUENTES JR.
AS WE GO THROUGH LIFE THERE ARE MANY PEOPLE THAT PLAY A SPECIAL ROLE IN ONCES LIFES. TODAY I AM MORE THAN SURE QUE THIS INTERVIEW WILL ENLIGHT MANY OF US. NOW FROM ALICE, TEXAS HERE IS DAVID DURAN.
DD: Here we are in Alice, TX. At the Anderson Park next to the public pool Con un hombre que his name will tell us all, Como estes Juan Sifuentes jr.? Juan: I am doing fine Mr. Duran. I am honored to be here with you. I am glad you picked this park for the interview. It is a little cloudy pero bien fresco. It is nice to see the kids and their parents having a good time. DD: oh yes sir, it brings memories of when I quess we were all children. Well Mr. Sifuentes, Can you please tell us a little about yourself ? Juan: First of all you can call me Juan. We are all friends here. I am a 2nd generation Tejano Singer. I am currently the lead singer in my cousins conjunto,Ted Lopez Y Conjunto Recuerdos. I am a vocalist for Tonka Y Libre from Corpus Christi. I will also be doing a CD with my cousin Cha Cha Jimenez in the very near future.
My father was the Late, El difunto, Juan Antonio Sifuentes SR. in addition to that, I am the Secretary for Tejano R.o.o.t.s. the official Tejano Music hall-of-fame museum of Texas. I am also unemployed so before you ask...No I cannot send any money your way!!! DD:OKAY, thanks for answering my last question (lol) .....Now what do you think is the future of Tejano Music? Juan: The future depends on our artists of today. We seem to have lost our identity as a music and culture. This is a product of mis-education. The whole industry needs to come together and unite to re-educate the youth of tomorrow if we are to survive as a music Genre.
We have radio stations out there calling their program "PURO TEJANO" yet they play "PURO NORTENO". Go Figure!!! We also have to instill in our future tejano musicians to incorporate a "higher" standard of music. That is what elevated our music in the first place. Not any one person or group but the quality of the music and song writing. DD: I am sure que the standards that are being used by you guys can serve as the format for many tejano stations to come. As we all know que, your dad had his style and has long been in la onda tejana. Can you tell why you think que many still feel que your family have made a difference en la musica tejana? Juan: I feel that my father is still made an impact en la musica because of his ability to write and compose songs. This is the higher standard that I am talking about. We don't have too many songwriters with that "higher" standard mentality. My father had the ability to say in one sentence what it would take most of us a life-time to say. My father's poetic license never expired but was constantly re-newed. There are a few out there that have that ability. One such person is Eddie Perez. Another is Juan Guerrero. If the musicians of today could combine some of these songs with their own style and creative abilities we would be going in the right direction........
My father had a "GOD" given talent and he did the most that he could with that talent. My family is very proud that many people still record and play my father's music. But i know in my heart that my father smiles from heaven when some people record his songs but do it with their own creative,musical "flavor". People like Jesse Serrata, Cha Cha Jimenez, Tonka Y Libre, Jay Perez, and my very dear friend Eddie Perez. That is just to name a few. DD:darn man that’s a tear jerker. Comparing El Conjunto Bernal, do you think there is another group that history will remember like they do to el Conjunto Bernal? Juan: where do you get these questions?
DD: I think them up all by myself!
Juan: just kidding, david. As far as El Conjuto Bernal, there will never be another one that will be as famous as them. Now I am talking musical style. God made only one Conjunto Bernal. They were ahead of their time musically. But I know for a fact that all of the members of Bernal, living or dead, would say that they were only one element in the equation that gave "Birth" to our music and culture.
You have to remember that we had people like Carlos Guzman Y Los fabolosos Quatro, Sunny Ozuna, Little Joe y los Latinaires, Tony "ham" Guerrero Y Tortilla Factory, Tony de la Rosa, Isidro Lopez, and so on....will there ever be a group as famous or recognized as much as the ones I mentioned? I would think not. Each and every artist, at that time, had originality in their music. Now we have the new blood. But can they step up to the plate and create a higher standard of music?
That remains to be seen. Our music still has great people like Jay Perez, La Mafia, David Lee Garza, Joel Guzman, Vida, Ruben Ramos and his brother, Little Joe, Eddie Perez and the Westside band, Sunny Ozuna, Carlos Guzman, David Marez, Bob Gallarza, Joe Jama and many others. The new blood like F7, Invicto, Los Amables, Aviso, Tina Y los Gallitos, Sueno, there is a new artist from Houston they call him "El Toro" and others from across the united states are making a positive impact. Sorry about the long answer but you asked the question.....BTW....Did I answer it? I forgot..... DD: I THINK you did. Finally Juan, if you had any extra money...er....sorry I think you answered that in the begining....Okay Juan we want to thank you Sir for your time amd effort you made to help us do this interview. Again you are so right que here in alice, Anderson park is a nice place to sit and chat. Juan: No...Thank you and your creator Daniel for the opportunity. Tell your creator that I thank him dearly for not sending "El OJO". I would like to add that any comments I made were my own ideas and comments and not of Tejano R.o.o.t.s. or any other organizations.

DD: well razza there you have it an interview con JUAN SIFEUENTES JR. I AM DAVID DURAN, chicano cable hot wired news network,GOOD DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment