Friday, February 20, 2009

linda Escobar interview 2005

cchwnn: interview con linda escobarPosted by cchwnn on May 17, 2005, 2:34 pm139.94.60.31
Chicano cable hot wired news network Cchwnn; exclusive interview con Linda escobarNow from ocean drive right here in corpus christi,texas I am david duran waitingto interview Linda Escobar.
David duran (DD):
Hello and welcome, I am the webmaster and creator for chicano cable hotwired news network Online. I'd like to thank you, Linda, for taking the timefor this interview. This interview will be un-cut and un-censored. Let's getstarted.
Dd: now we have the honor of interview con our friend Linda Escobar, helloLinda como esta?
Linda: Thank you, Daniel. I am doing very well.
Dd: first of all, this May 16th will be two years since our and your goodfriend Kenji "El Gato" Katsube, passed away from cancer, As an artist /musician, please give me your thoughts about this?
Linda: Daniel, if you have listened to "El Corrido De Kenji" off my"Llorando En Silencio" CD, it says it all! I'd also like to pass on what mygood friend Lupe Saenz, the president of the South Texas ConjuntoAssociation, said about Kenji and that is this:"We lost a good friend and a great lover of conjunto music, no one else likehim. If only our musicians would learn a lesson from Kenji's dedication andlove for conjunto music, conjunto music would be the number one genre inTexas and the world."
Dd: Of course, Kenji “el Gato” Katsube, was Japanese but do you see anyparallels between how he was able to master el estilo tejano or conjunto?
Linda: He fell in love with conjunto tejano music therefore he followed hisheart! Japanese people are very disciplined and Kenji would practice hoursand hours in order to master accordion playing in the style of the greatTONY DE LA ROSA. And HE DID IT!!! Kenji wanted to be a Tejano SO badly, thathe moved here to be a Texas resident. He wore his blue jeans, boots, cowboyhat with pride. He loved Texas and he loved our culture!
DD: wow that is wild Linda, within a few years Linda lots of our famous tejano or conjunto artisthave passed away, such as tony de la rosa, laura canales and so on what areyour feelings on that?
Linda: I feel we need to recognize, praise and honor our musicians whilethey are still alive. There is so much we could have done to show Tony De LaRosa, Laurita, and so many others, that we love & appreciate their talentand friendship. Life is so short, and many times we take things for granted.Let's support and appreciate our musicians now.
Dd: Linda before I go any further your dad has to be added to this list of tejano legends. Now Linda lets talk about you girl. we have noticed que within the last few years you have beenworking real hard in putting couple of cd out lately. Your “Conjunto Dream”cd is being played a lot around the san anto, area, can you reflect yourfeelings on that?
Linda: I love my San Antonio fans & KEDA Rocks!!! I wish that there weremore radio stations around to play what the people request.
Our new CD "Conjunto Dream" contains some oldies that I brought back,including "Frijolitos Pintos"; "Linda's Mix" (popurri of past years'recordings); it also features Mingo Saldivar in the song "Rice & Beans" (gotto hear this one!) and it also features Christina Casillas, a 10 yr. oldlittle girl from San Antonio who has a voice of an angel! And last but notleast it features a song I dedicated to my mom (perfect for mother's day)titled "Canto A La Mujer" and it was recorded with Mariachi Sol fromKingsville. My band members did a magnificent job on all the tracks! ThanksSam Falcon (accordion), Adan De La Rosa III (bajo sexto), Robert Casillas(bass), and Pete Alvarez (drums)! And I can't leave out our manager, CeliaEscobar Charles, for all her hard work and dedication!
Dd: you had lots of expernice in that band of yours. Linda you have a scholarship that you give out every year to some pretty talented youngsters out there trying real hard to make it in the music business. What advice would you give them?
Linda: Don't give up! Get your OWN style, put your heart into it, practicedaily, work hard, and if you make the commitment, go into it with both feet.But FIRST AND FOREMOST, GET an EDUCATION!!!! This is a risky business andyou must have something to fall back on.
Dd: what are the future plans for Linda Escobar and concert dates:
Linda: well david here is a list of my up coming datesJune 4 – Pan De Campo Festival in San Diego, Tx.June 18 – Manru Country Hall in Alice, TxJuly 3 – STCA Concert in La Villa, TxJuly 9 – Blue MustangJuly 16 – Club 77 in San Benito, TxJuly 17 – STCA Music AwardsJuly 23 – Estela’s Club in Corpus
Future plans include making some videos and I'm doing some serious thinkingof becoming a full time musician soon.
Dd ; before we end our interview Linda would there be any words for thethousands of fans :
Linda: The new CD, "Conjunto Dream", commemorates my 40th year in the musicindustry and I am very appreciative of all my fans, fellow musicians, andpeople in the music industry for their continued support, love, respect,throughout all these years. I thank God for this life He has blessed me within living the "conjunto dream", because it is awesome! It's the REAL thing!I thank my late father, Conjunto Music Pioneer: ELIGIO ESCOBAR, forinstilling in me this love for conjunto music since I was just a baby. Justlike back then, today I feel it in my bones that CONJUNTO MUSIC ROCKS and itis the greatest thing on earth. It's made in the USA, in South Texas to beexact, and it's OUR HISPANIC CULTURE'S grass roots music!God Bless everyone and I hope to see you soon! Thank you, Daniel!!!Con todo mi cariƱo y respeto -Su amiga de siempre,Linda Escobarwww.linda.escobar.com
Dd; Linda, please let me take this opportunity to thank you for thisinterview. Please give my best regards to your family and your band. Also,I'd just like to mention that in doing my research for this interview I cameacross your website: http://www.linda.escobar.com. So thank you once againand god bless you.
I am david duran with another interview for chicano cable hot wired newsnetwork .


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment