Monday, February 23, 2009

interview con los curtiaa's 12122008

Exclusive interview con Los Curtiaa’s,2008.Cchwnn.Kingsville,tx. Hello again I am blanca blanch blanco here con one of the youngest tejano bands on the market. Los Curita’s. my recent visit to Fort Collins, Colorado. Our visit con a very young tejano band named Los Curtia’s. So with that in mind lets go to fort Collins, where you can see the beautiful Rocky Mountians, with our new friends Juan and Juaquin.
BBB: I want to thank you guys, members of Los Curita’s for sharing some time with me here in your home in Fort Collins, Colorado?
Los C’s: First all, we want to thank you blanca, blanch blanco for taking the time to interview us. Are you bitter cold yet in our recent snowfall that landed almost 7 inches of snow today?BBB: Who has been the major inspiration in your young musical career?Los C’s: Juan: My (Pampo) Grandpa .Juaquin: My (Pampo) Grandfather and of course other artists like Jay Perez, Little Joe and Latin Breed.BBB: -We see that you named your group was named and founded by your grandfather. Long-time tejano musician and Colorado chicano music hall famer, Henry Salas (aka: pampo), how did his influences moderate your band?Los C’s? Juan: Well, our pampo helps us a lot with our music and our musicians and what he thinks we would like. But, he always lets us make the final decision on song selections etc... he's pretty old school-lol!Juaquin: My (Pampo) grandfather has always had a passion for Tejano music. He has a fantastic ear and we have been fortunate to have him teach us a lot. I don't think I could have learned what I've learned without him. He's also pretty honest and to the point with us. He takes his music pretty serious.BBB: – You started your musical career as a young children, What attracted you to these instruments?Los C’s: Juan: When my (Pampo) grandfather introduced me to the guitar and the bass, he had me play a polka and follow along with him. I really liked the song and I couldn't believe that I picked it up like nothing. I never put the instruments down after that. Juaquin = I have always had a passion to sing since I was about 3 years old. I don't know, my (Pampo) grandfather just always had me sing along to his guitar and then when I had my first opportunity to actually get on stage, it was at the Cinco De Mayo celebration in Fort Collins. After that, it was like no other experience!BBB: – Do you have a favourite piece of music that you guys perform?Los C’s: Yes! We love to get the crowd and the energy going and it's usually to a cumbia!
BBB: Are you guys pleased with choice of music and performaces you have done?Los C’s: Of course, we love Tejano music, but we can play a lot of other genres too. That's the cool thing about being a Tejano musician you can put tejano in just about anything.

BBB: How busy do you guys get in prepared a show?”Los C’s: We get pretty busy when we have a show because we have to practice a lot.
BBB: Do you have a definite start for any new release AND How about your latest cd/video?Los C”s: We don't have an actual date set to release our CD, but we hope to have it out by summer of 2009. We are working on our CD with some great established musicians right now. As far as a video, it is also in the works.BBB: -What can we expect from the forthcoming?Los C’s: You can expect more music coming from us soon! We also have a remix of Cuatro Vida's coming out that's slick! It will have a full 13 piece horn section and will be featured on a CD that's yet to be announced.BBB: and finally what would tell the young people that might be interested in pursuing a musical career en la onda tejana?
Los C’s: Juan: Never stop dreaming. Pursue your dreams and always remember to practice!Juaquin: If you have a dream and a passion for music, just do it! Always have a back up plan and practice and don't forget about school first.BB we want to take you guys and wish you the best in the future con la onda tejana, I am Blanca Blanch Blanco con chicano cable hot wired news network exclusive con Los Curita’s.Los C’s: Thank you again for interviewing us! I am Juan and I am Juaquin inviting everyone to visit our my space and be looking for us soon. Well raza there you have it raza I am blanca blancha blanco, have a great tejano day.

No comments:

Post a Comment