Friday, February 20, 2009

old inteview con tejano roze y sueno

Cchwnn: exclusive interview con el Grupo Sueno>03272006 Hello raza I am Blanca Blanch Blanco con today's very special exclusive interview con Tejano RoZe, Dream Team Management Team, de grupo Sueno, now lets go to that interview somewhere around dallas, texas> BBB: Hello ms. TR, can you give us a little background on when the grupo Sueno?TR: Grupo Sueno has been around for going on 5 years. These guys have more than paid their dues. Being on their own label, they tend to work hard for what they are paying out of their pockets to do. Bbb: that's an odd statement, why is that? TR: Why? Because they really believe in this band. Grupo Sueño is a brotherhood within. These guys are like brothers, always hanging out together, partake in each other's family lives. When you see one of them out and about, you are to surely see most of the band hanging out with him. BBB: D o you believe this kind of friendships holds a band together? TR: I truly believe that one of the main reasons why these guys are being successful is because of the chemistry they have on stage. They know each other's thoughts, and respect the front men. There are 7 leaders in this band, no dictators. They all listen and respect one another. Right before they go on stage, they bow down and pray to our Lord, and then they all say "Let's have some fun"! Bbb: that is far out, can you give us a breakdown on the band members and the role they play within the band? TR: Carl Gomez and Isaac Gonzalez are the 2 vocalists in the band. Carl is the main, and Isaac is back-up. Isaac, aka "Iceman", is the coordinator and songwriter of the band. Besides playing Bass, he also belts out a tune or 2. He's got a great voice range. Alvino Torres (Guitarist), and Gabriel Gonzalez (keys) are ex-original Stampede members. We were lucky enough to recruit them and we are happy that they really believe in this band. Timmy Trevino is our drummer. For only being 15 yrs old, this kid can hang with the big guns. I can imagine this kid winning awards when he's 20. He's awesome and a great asset to the band. Matt Calderon (percussionist) and Abel Casillas (squeeze box man) have been with the band since their conception. Abel has composed a great polkita, which will be in the CD. So much talent in this band.Benny Treviño (Manager) and Joe Chapa (Manager#2 and Promoter) have so much faith in Sueño. They bust their butts trying to help the guys reach the top. I consider myself lucky to associate myself with such admirable human beings. They help create the band. Bbb: how versital is el Grupo Sueno? TR: Grupo Sueño is the most versital band in DFW. They are listed under Tejano and R&B. When they are not performing at Tejano venues, the same band members have created a band called "Tekila Sol" when they perform out of the Tejano genre. They play anything from K.C and The Sunshine Band to Maroon 5. And as great they sound on stage in Tejano, they really kick azz in R&B, Top 40, Funk, and Pop. There are no limits to this band. BBB: Can you give us an idea of some of the travel the band has had within the last few years? TR; They have traveled all around Texas and many states up north with their music. Earning one fan at a time. When these guys get off stage, they love to mingle, dance with their fans, and be themselves, when I have seen other bands go to the bus, or backstage and refuse to sign autographs until the end of the night. They are great guys. Ordinary Joes with a dream. BBB: OK you know in the pass we have shared our views on different matters, can you share some information about you? TR: About me. Hmmmm..well where should I begin? LolI am from West Texas and I am in love with TEJANO MUSIC. Being such a Tejano Diva, I have been involved in the Tejano industry for over 20 years, and I have aquired such great friends in the business. I am an awesome vocalist and have performed with my own and many other bands. I now have been working with Dallas' Elite band, Grupo Sueño, for 3.5 years. I wear many hats here, and being such a devoted member, I am now part of the band's management team. Working close to the band manager, and promoter has taught me so much. I am now a promoter amongst other roles. Grupo Sueño is a rising Tejano Talent that will make a mark in the industry. BBB: Do you think your passed experiences has helped el grupo sueno? TR: I am proud that I have made a difference with them. In addition, I created Grupo Sueño's website for the fans who want to know more about the band. I have dedicated it to the fans, because without them, the band would not have existed. That is why you will see many fans' pictures posted on there. Because it is about THEM. I love the website. I have spent countless hours building it, and it just keeps on growing. We have the largest Tejano band website around,and we are proud of it. BBB: Can you give us an idea of your kinda style of music? TR: I am a soulful singer with a strong voice and great range. Not only do I perform with tejano bands, I also performed with Mariachis. I think I like singing Mariachi better. :) I work for a great Spanish speaking newspaper (#1 in N. Texas), and one of the thrills of working there, I have met many great artists. This also has many great advantages. I am an avid Tejano supporter, and I have been for many years and will continue to be till the end of my time. and not only that,I know I will also someday return to performing with my own band again BBB: Now tell us about this Dream Dolls idea? TR: Ever heard of the Bud light girls? Well.........New to the Tejano scene, are Grupo Sueño's Dream Dolls. Letty Mota and Vero Vargas have been enlightening the band's fans with their hard work in Grupo Sueño's merchandise sales, promotions, and dancing on stage. These ladies have done an outstanding job in promoting the band and doing charitable work for the community. Sueño Dream Dolls have been a part of the band since 2005. Look for them at our big shows and outside events!Bbb: When is the CD coming out? TR: Now that's a great question! LOLBeing that we have no support by recording labels, or anything like that, the guys are pretty much paying out of their pockets. I had no idea how expensive it is to record one CD. But we feel it's a good thing because we will not wind up owing any label anything and being a chicken on a hotplate, so to speak. No one is making money off of the guys, so what they make, is exactly what they keep. It's tough to keep up with the expenses, so that is back up mula. Lol! The CD is complete, but there are those "plus, plus, plus", and that gets very expensive. But I guarantee it will be out very soon! OK????LOL I have already heard the tracks and they sound so awesome. Most of the songs are definitely hits! This will be a "must have"! So to all you Sueño Faz and Sueño Tribers, patience is a virtue! Your anticipation will pay off! I promise! Bbb: wow, we didn't realize all that, TR is there any last words you would want to share with us? TR: Please come and visit our website at www.gruposueno.comWe have a great website with contests giving out all kinds of goodies, and talk to the guys on our message board. The guys loves their fans very much! BBB: we want to thank you TR for your time and sharing all this information about el grupo SUENO> TR: Thank you Blanca for your support, and thank you for asking to interview us. We are very grateful. The one and only *Tejano RoZe* BBB: well there you have raza from el grupo Sueno, kicking some doors down as they move on, in their great future en la onda tejana, hey have a great tejano day.

No comments:

Post a Comment