Wednesday, February 18, 2009

my dear boat a story about linda escobar .

11202004 Chicano cornerstone present My dear boat. A story about Linda Escobar My dreamboat A story about Linda Escobar. It was a typical Saturday night, where one took a bath, comb your hair and got dress. We were getting ready to go to our regular thing, one does on this night en el rancho, that is go dancing. But tonight was more than special than others. You see this little girl was going to sing along with her dad. Oh yes I told myself I finally get to see her in person. You see she really didn’t live that far from our ranch but being a child it’s a million miles away. As we show up to the dance hall. Which by the way was the biggest place I had ever since, but remember I’m only a child and it seemed bigger that what it real was. El conj unto was playing its polkas y todos getting down. But not me. I ran to the side of where the band members enter and I’m wondering if she is going to show. I noticed that her dad was there. You see I knew who he was because we had seen him before at other dance hall. Anyhow I looked around and from nowhere there is beautiful little thing hanged on to her dad’s hand. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen besides my mother. But remember I was just a kid. I held my breath as she and her dad got up on stage and was introduce as a future star. As she manage to stand next to the microphone and the music began, this beautiful person starting sing a song one had heard on the radio. It was a miracle on how such a little person could have such a beautiful voice. I knew she was the one for me, but then you must remember I was just a child. I really never ever saw her again, that’s on stage but I did follow her sing career in my own heart. Living the time she walked on stage hold her dad’s hand. Forty year or so later I had a chance to sit next too her for a few moments and my dream came through. I will never ever forget her or how beautiful she is, and in my heart she filled it con happiness, but then you must remember I still a child. (This is short story about Linda Escobar a tejano legend. For more information on my dear boat please visit her website Linda Ecobar.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment