Friday, February 20, 2009

tejano journal interview 2005

071305 Tejano journal interviewCchwnn: exclusive interview with tejano journal web master:
For a number of years now we have been trying to get el web jefe from tejano journal attention. Well after all this time we finally caught up with him here in cyberspace and gave us a few minutes of his time. Now for that interview>
Dd: I am david duran, here con el web jefe del TEJANO JOURNAL . Como esta sir?
Tj: Muy Bien. Thank you very much for this interview.
Dd: TEJANO JOURNAL y la onda network are one in the same. Can you give us some background of when and how you came up con esta onda?
Tj: Yes, TejanoJournal.com is the same as Ondanet.com, but the "Tejano Journal" is a message board on "La Onda Network" web site. Clear as mud, huh? I started a "Tejano Music" web site some time around Nov 1994, but didn't really put it on the the Internet until Feb, 1995. There were no Tejano music web sites out there so I decided to put my cassettes and albums collection on the Internet. I immediately got a lot of response, so I started a chat room and a message board that I later called the Tejano Journal. In Aug 1995 I registered the domain: Ondanet.com
Dd: there has been so much controversy on the direction de la onda tejana. Much debate has been done and will continue. What is your observation and how can tejano journal contribution to all this >
Tj: Well, I think the Tejano Journal shows that La Onda direction is very different from city to city and that it's still here today and will be here tomorrow.
Dd: WOW that is so true and I believe in that concept. TEJANO JOURNAL for the last few years has not really changed much on its format. What sin the future for TEJANO JOURNAL?
Tj: I have always kept the poor souls that don't have a super-duper computer with the latest drivers and on a high speed connection in mind. That's why I have always kept my web site usable on low speed modems on old, slow computers running old Windows. There are a lot of fancy web sites out there that some people can not visit and browse because they don't have a new powerful computer with the latest of everything on a high-speed connection. Besides, why fix something that's not broke, right?
Dd: I am more than sure you are aware that a number of tejano web site come and go. Tejano journal is one of very few that still has a link to a tribute to selina, can you tell a bit about that?
Tj: The same day Selena died, I took off to Corpus to "cover" this tragic story plus pay my respects. That Monday when I came back, I started the "Selena Tribute". I called Mr. Quintanilla and got permission to have all that stuff on there. In fact, I would email him questions and later in the evening he would call me on his cell and would answer most questions that I asked. Visitor still post on my Selena message board saying that they just saw the movie and are now just finding out about Selena and Tejano Music. So as long as that continues, I will continue to have my Selena Tribute out there.
Dd: I want to thank you from your real busy schedule, what are your final words to all that post at TEJANO JOURNAL?
Tj: Keep supporting Tejano music and thanks for supporting the Tejano Journal.
Dd: Well there you have it from el web jefe himself. I am sure que those that read and post on the TEJANO JOURNAL are very excited to hear from him. But the most intriguing part of this interview is that we never got his name. We here and you there will leave it at that. So once you enter cyber space and into tejano journal web site, ask yourself, who is that mask man. From our command post I am david duran, good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment